three

I start getting used to this kind of job since I've basically written the same thing every day with a different plot. From doing the same thing every day, I kind of slipped into a routine and I'm at the same places at the same time every day. I hope it doesn't get boring.

Interrupting my peaceful thoughts, siren sounds erupt in the quiet room. The faint noises echo through the streets and the window behind where I'm sitting. With a hard guess I could assume that I will be writing about whatever crime has happened here. The siren sounds increase, probably because they approach the location of this building.

The curious person I am, I stand up from my chair and walk over to the wall of a window. The sun is shining bright through the streets of Philadelphia today. The cars are parting in the middle to make space for the police car to drive through. I can't see the car they could be possibly chasing but instead the police car is randomly driving down the street with no one in front or behind them.

Would have been kind of exciting to witness a car chase myself but that's not gonna happen today.

As I'm about to go back to work, I hear a loud tire screech. My eyes widen to see the scene where a black SUV is approaching from the other direction, possibly being able to outrun the police.

Lucky fuckers.

The only weird thing is that the SUV makes a sharp turn to the right and pulls into the underground car park of this building. The building I am in right now. The excitement is overwhelmed with fright at the thought of these criminals being in this building. I shouldn't have looked out of the window in the first place, I would've lived well enough without this information.

With a shaky sigh, I sit back down on my chair in front of my work. I try to get the thought out of my head and it's probably nothing anyway. I'm only here for the journalist part of the crime and I don't have to worry about anything else. I need to go to Zayn anyway so maybe I'll ask him then.

Not a few seconds later, I hear loud voices sounding from outside of my room. I can't make out their voices but they seem excited and delighted. Their heavy footsteps walk in the hallway, noticably walking past my door and further down the left direction. The simplest things distract me and I wait for the people to be gone so I can finally work on the article again.

To my surprise, the door right next to my office slams shut and the footsteps continue to echo through the thin wall and into my room. I groan in annoyance and hide my face in my palms, frustrated since I can't get any work done when there are sounds coming from the room right next mine. Their voices are dulled and faintly travelling into my hearing.

I decide to put on my headphones so the noises are blocked and I can continue to write. I hate working while listening to music but I would rather do it than these annoying voices sounding faintly in my room. It does actually work and I soon get lost in my fantasy again, only thinking about the robbery. But I can't stop thinking about the car chase and about how it would be a great story to write about.

Soon enough I decide to visit Zayn in his office. Thankfully, there aren't any noises coming from the room next to mine anymore, which mean I will have my peace again. Nothing has happened the past days and I really wish something excited took place around the building. I don't know, maybe I'll have some kind of a change if I went somewhere to a coffee for lunch instead of the cafeteria.

When I get to Zayn's office, to my surprise, the door isn't closed but left ajar. A guy is in there, talking to Zayn. I shouldn't spy on their conversation but for one, I'm bored and second, the door is open so technically it's not even my fault.

"They were hot on our heels, but we managed to outrun them just in time. We trusted this one on Harry since he can drive the best out of the four of us," An unfamiliar voice speaks and I lean my ear even closer to the door since his voice is a bit dulled.