twenty two

I'm walking home after a busy day at the office but it's not a calm walk after all. The sidewalk is crowded with people and I have to fight my way through the crowd. There's nothing more I want right now than to get home in my quiet apartment and just relax for the rest of the day.

An internal smile is painted across my face under my anxious expression when I have to think back to Harry's and my conversation. I feel good about the fact that we got along with each other for the first time. There's more to him than his scary side and I'm dying to find out more about him.

As I keep walking, a figure catches my attention in a far distance in front of me. I peak my head through the crowd to get a better sight of him but I only ever see his back. One brief turn of his head to the left allows me to glimpse at his face.

Harry.

What is he doing here? It's not that it's unusual for him to walk down a sidewalk but he's on his own, obviously having to be somewhere. His pace is quick and I almost lose him in the crowd of people.

Since I'm not in a rush, I decide to follow him in order to find out what he's doing. I'm not stalking him, because I'll only quickly check what he's up to. Considering the last times I've been caught snooping around, Harry has proven that he's not one to go easy on me.

This feels like one of those moments where you want to touch a candle even though you're aware that it's going to be hot. You want to feel the spark and the confirmation that it's going to resolve how you expect it to.

This is one of those moments, but nothing can prevent me from being curious.

I pick up pace in order not to lose him in the crowd. He's good at blending in with the people and I wouldn't have noticed him, hadn't I known him. His way is into a less crowded area more outside of the city. I need to be more careful now not to be caught by him.

There's a rock sitting tight on my chest, reminding me that what I'm doing could put me in danger. The thought makes my stomach twist and my hands begin to sweat in nervousness. My shaky legs carry me over the sidewalk in a distance behind Harry.

I notice an old warehouse from afar and I assume that's the destination he is heading to. A shiver runs down my spine from the thought of what could be happening behind those walls. Nothing legal, that's for sure. Maybe he's meeting someone or he's just simply hanging out there because it's his favorite place. I have no idea.

I lose sight of him when he opens the large doors and disappears inside the building. I stop in my tracks, wondering if I should actually go inside there or not. Anything could be in there, maybe there's a get together and I'll show up unexpected. But if I'm careful I won't get caught anyway.

I quickly jog over, making sure no one saw me before I approach the large steel door and carefully push it open. I cringe when it squeaks loudly, afraid that some people might know that I'm here now. The lights are off but thankfully no one is here but it allows me to catch a glance around the massive hall.

Large boxes are stacked up on top of each other in the corner of the room, leaving the rest of the floor empty. Literally anything could be in there and I highly assume that it's something illegal, maybe drugs. But then again, that's a massive amount of drugs. I walk farther into the room, not knowing where it leads me or where Harry went.

Out of nowhere, I feel a hand covering my mouth and an arm slinging around my waist from behind, pulling me into another chest. My heart sinks and my blood runs cold, a shiver running down my spine. I let out an ear piercing scream which is muffled into the palm.

"Don't scream," He warns, mumbling in my ear in a harsh tone.

My question about Harry is answered because he's the one right behind me. I wonder if he knows it's me but it's hard to see anything in this massive hall. I'm not even relieved that it's him since he would kill me just as much.