sixty four

"Sunshine," I call him the nickname he always calls me. I discover the soft tug on his lips when he hears my voice. "Are you ever planning on wearing a helmet?"

Standing in front of his motorcycle with my hands on my hips, my head is tilted when I gaze at him. He grins at me from his seat on the machine, awaiting me to join him.

"Not any time soon. Now, hop on, darling." He pushes the sunglasses down on his nose and pushes his foot down to start the engine.

I climb onto the space behind him, scooting as close to him as possible. My arms wrap around his stomach as I bury my cheek into his shoulder. I sometimes get slaps across my face from reality, which remind me that this is life, and I'm seriously just hugging Harry on his motorcycle. It feels like a stupid dream.

It's around eight p.m., a random time for Harry to show me something.

"It's kinda chilly," I murmur into his ear.

"That's only because of the wind," he assures me. "We're there in a few minutes."

"Why won't you give me your hoodie?" I complain, snuggling my nose into the soft fabric and inhaling its soft scent.

"Shut up," he laughs.

"I should've brought a jacket."

"Yes, you should've."

"You're so mean."

"Stop talking, sunshine," he chuckles. I catch a glimpse of the dimples on his cheeks. "I'm driving."

"That's the nicest way you've ever told me to fuck off," I snicker.

He laughs in response but doesn't share a word. The importance of security is just another excuse to hug him tightly. I haven't acknowledged the possibility of it bothering him, but he hasn't complained yet either.

We stop in the middle of a nature path where it's impossible to continue driving. Hopping off the machine, I observe the dim sky. It's on the verge of sunset, given how beautifully orange the clouds are.

"Catch." His voice causes my head to snap in his direction.

I catch the clothing that he threw at my face, discovering it's his hoodie. Grinning happily, I toss it over my body, coating myself with the remaining warmth.

"Thanks," I squeal, pulling the fabric down to the middle of my thighs.

He bends down and wraps his arms around my waist before lifting me off the ground. I laugh joyfully as I wrap my arms around his shoulder, pressed against his chest. He presses his lips to mine in a short but forceful kiss.

He puts me down but can't keep his hands off of me. His hand sits on my waist, keeping me close to him as he leads me along the short path up the hill.

"Are you okay with the nightly darkness?" I ask him, given how it's going to be dark soon.

"Yeah," he responds. "It's more about...closed rooms, no windows."

"Okay." I intertwine our fingers and squeeze his hand softly.

"Are you okay with the height, baby? We are pretty high up." Arms wrap around me from behind; warm air hits my neck. I can tell he's teasingly making fun of me.

"Jerk," I chuckle and kick his stomach with my elbow. "I was being serious, and you..you're⎯"

"I'm only fuckin' with you," he laughs softly.

I turn around in his arms and pout at him. A large grin is spread across his beautiful features; his joyful dimples are getting the best of me.

"M'sorry, sunshine," he murmurs apologetically while pressing his lips to mine.