••dursley•• || rescue mission

Kendra awoke to a crash. She jumped and pushed her back up against the wall as if that would protect her. Several cracks sounded, all in succession. Her eyes widened. Sounds of spells being shouted at each other the floor above told her everything she needed to know. Slowly, she crept towards the door, her fingers wrapping around the bars. Part of her wanted to call out, and part of her worried that calling out would only make it worse. She remained silent.

"Keep your eyes open," a gravely voice instructed from the staircase. "It could be a trap."

Kendra moved away from the bars, unsure if she recognized the voice. Retreating to the corner, she began to argue with herself, one part of her insisting it was Mad-Eye Moody, the other loudly proclaiming it was some Death Eater who was there to finish off whatever business had been going on upstairs. She felt herself shrink as the footsteps approached, burrowing her head in her knees.

"Mad-Eye, look," the unmistakeable voice of Remus Lupin called from outside of the wine cellar door. Kendra lifted her head slightly. "Kendra, is that you?"

She stared at him for a moment, unsure if she was dreaming or hallucinating, or if this was real. She nodded slowly. "The door won't open," she said, her voice hoarse from screaming still.

"What do you mean, is it cursed?" Mad-Eye asked gruffly. Kendra shrugged.

"There's a key, that's the only way to get in. They don't give the key to most of the guards," Kendra explained.

"Some sort of locking spell, I think," Kingsley's deep voice came from behind Mad-Eye. Kendra had only met him a few times, but she felt reminiscent of when they had come to rescue Harry from the Dursley's just the summer before.

"Stay back, Dursley," Mad-Eye instructed. "You lot too."

Kendra covered her ears and smashed her eyes shut as Mad-Eye blasted a hole in the wall, avoiding the door completely. Kendra very briefly thought that it was ridiculous that the Death Eaters hadn't thought of that. After the dust settled, Remus stepped inside.

Kendra stood, shakily. She looked down at her arm, still wrapped in Draco's shirt from the day before. She hesitated, not wanting to look at the words on her arm but not wanting to take his shirt. She slowly unwrapped the shirt and dropped it on the ground next the the wall that had her writings on it. She paused.

"Can you walk?" Remus asked quietly. Kendra ignored him and bent down to pick up one of her rocks. Turning to the wall, she found a blank space and in big, bold letters she scrawled 'SORRY'. She turned back to Remus.

"Dunno," she said simply. "But you should clear out soon. Whatever you dealt with up there will probably be back in a few minutes."

"She's right," Kingsley said. "And we have to get to the apparation point."

"Right," Remus said, straightening slightly. He moved towards Kendra. "I'm going to carry you, if that's all right."

Kendra didn't really think she had much of an option, since running certainly wasn't one, not that it had ever really been. She nodded, and Remus gingerly picked her up with some apparent ease.

"Let's move," Mad-Eye growled. "I don't want to lose any more bits to these idiots." Kingsley smiled slightly at Moody's remark, but lead the charge up the stairs anyways. It was then Kendra saw exactly what they had dealt with to get in. There were eleven unconscious bodies- Kendra hoped they weren't dead- strewn throughout the upper floor and the garden of what was a small home on the outskirts of a town. A hole had been blown through the gate, where Tonks was waiting for them.

"Anyone else show up?" Kingsley asked. Tonks nodded at a group of two that were just to her right.

"They didn't have time to call anyone else, we should have a few more minutes," she said, eyes scanning the area. "Merlin, they are a bit thick, aren't they? I mean, if the plan was to try and capture Harry-"

Several cracks and then spells that narrowly missed all of them- save for Remus, who could not dodge and instead threw up a quick shield charm- appeared out of thin air and the silent morning was quickly filled with chaos.

"Remus, go," Mad-Eye barked. Remus nodded and stunned  a Death Eater the best he could and then moved, dodging spells the best he could, ending up with a slice through his cheek as he reached the point outside of the aparation boundary and turned on the spot, Kendra in tow.

Apparating was much worse this time than the last. The feeling of having the air sucked out of her lungs instantly made black spots dance in mind's eye and when they landed moments later, she could do nothing but gasp for raspy breaths and clutch at her throat until she found her lungs again.

"You're not splinched, right?" Remus asked with concern, looking her over. She apparently passed his inspection, as he gently stood her up once she had blinked away her oxygen loss and dug her fingers into the dirt. He led her towards the front door of a house.

"Where are we?" she asked, the haze of the day clouding her thought process. She stared at the house and when she had no recollection of it, felt frustration bubble inside of her.

"The Burrow," Remus said. "Mrs. Weasley will take care of you. I would have liked to put you in St. Mungos but it's just not safe anymore."

"Okay," Kendra replied. She felt faint, as though the world was being fed to her through a giant water bubble. Exhaustion pulled at her eyes and mind.

"Oh dear, set her down on the sofa," Mrs. Weasley's voice faded in. Kendra felt the same as when she had just been given anesthesia for surgery years ago. The thought slipped away from her just as her mind did and just as a hand slipped into hers.

And then, nothing.

a/n: sorry for not updating, i've been doing hot girl shit 😘 like hunting people down to sign forms and going to the doctor. but kiki is back with the crew, and even managed to get past the scooby doo death eaters (bc tell me the difference between the death eaters in this chap and ur average scooby doo villain, I'll wait). sorry for the drama 😍 im not but I promise it cools off (for now)

shout out to my pic of Robert Pattinson in a Christmas jumper flipping burgers that jumped off the wall, hit me in the face, and fell to the floor where it shattered along with all of my hopes, dreams, and ambitions. jk

memme

I know i make fun of deadric all the time but it's so funny when everyone is buss in down and he's just like 😵💀🧍‍♂️