••dursley•• || explanation: owed

"Wait... say it again? What exactly did you see?"

"I dunno, it was just a bright light and I ran towards it because-"

Kendra shifted slightly, the outside word unprocessed in her sluggish mind. Wearily, she forced her eyes open, seeing Harry and Hermione sitting next to her, Ron leaning on a nearby wall. "Because you're an idiot," Kendra mumbled, finishing Harry's sentence. 

"Kendra!" Harry explained, abandoning his explanation to turn to his cousin. Hermione's eyes shot to Kendra like a cannon, her expression a mixture of worry and 'you-better-tell-me-what-happened-so-help-me-merlin'. "How do you feel?"

Kendra shrugged. "Tired," she said, a yawn emphasizing her point. Harry and Hermione both stared at her expectantly. "Honest, I'm fine."

"Do you remember what happened?" Hermione asked, her curiosity mingling with her concern. 

"... Should I not?" Kendra asked hesitantly, sitting up. It wasn't like she had cracked her head against the ground or something, she had just exploded into a ball of light that incinerated everything in its path and then collapsed from exhaustion. As she thought about it, Kendra forgave their worry and confusion. She sighed. "There's really no easy way to explain it, but I know both of you want to know what happened as bad as my mum wants to know what flowers the neighbors are going to plant in the spring."

"We can do our best to understand, right Harry?" Hermione said, turning a stern gaze to Harry who nodded, unbothered by the metaphorical threat from his best friend. 

"You've told me some bloody weird stuff, Kiki," Harry shrugged. "We'll see if it tops it all."

Kendra rolled her eyes. "Do you want the long version or the short version?"

"Long," Hermione said, not giving Harry a chance to answer. 

"Okay, well, I suppose it all starts at the beginning of fifth year- do you remember when I told you how I was having dreams about that woman?" Kendra asked. 

Hermione paused for a moment and then nodded slowly. "We looked for her in the library- we didn't find anything, did we?"

"I thought we didn't then," Kendra clarified. "The woman in my dreams was Morgan le Fay, Morgana, whatever you want to call her- and they weren't just dreams. Not to spoil any trade secrets, but Merlin never killed her. He trapped her- the version of her that is significantly less evil, mind- in people's dreams. Once he found out it made her immortal, he destroyed all evidence of the magic that put her there."

"Wicked," Ron spoke for the first time. "What does she have to do with this?"

"She gets bored," Kendra said, rolling her eyes fondly. "And apparently looking through people's dreams all the time isn't interesting enough, so she finds someone she likes, and sort of binds her consciousness to theirs. I dunno, I can't really explain it, but there's some magic she does to make it happen. So she found me in fifth year, and I sort of on a whim bound with her. It was a bit stupid of me."

'Rude,' Morgana sniffed, though she was clearly enjoying being in the spotlight of the conversation.

"A bit stupid," Hermione said, shaking her head, though her eyes betrayed her fond expression. 

"Anyways," Kendra continued pointedly, quieting the two women who occupied her mind (though in different ways). "I sort of half-told Harry about her over last Christmas when he thought he was being possessed, but I don't think he really understood."

"I don't blame you, mate," Ron said. "S'bloody confusing."

"I told you so," Kendra replied dryly. "She can also sort of tell the future- though not very bloody well, apparently- and sort of indirectly made me get taken because it had to happen or something- it's not important, and I can't tell you all of it anyway, Dumbledore's orders."