••dursley•• || rescue me

Over the next week or so, Harry had helped Kendra relearn to walk properly, though she still had to use a cane to support herself. She still spent most of her time in bed, but she was at the very least doing her homework now. She usually slept during the day, as Harry talked in his sleep more than ever and had frequent nightmares.

It was the hottest day of the summer that day and Kendra had slept straight through it. She had gone back into the hospital the day before so that her doctors could make sure that she was recovering properly and it had exhausted her.

"YOU HEARD YOUR AUNT NOW GO TO BED!" Kendra started at the sound of her father's voice which was undeniably directed at Harry, as she heard his footsteps come up the stairs and saw him appear in the doorway, looking furious.

"What happened?" Kendra asked, slightly bemused, but concerned none the less.

"Dementors," Harry spat, rummaging for a spare bit of parchment and his quill in his trunk. He took his place at the desk they shared and started to write.

"D-Dementors?" Kendra sputtered, struggling to get herself out of bed. Harry noticed this and quickly handed his letters off to Hedwig before helping her back into bed and sitting next to her. "Dementors, here? In Little Whinging?"

"Yeah," Harry said. "I was with Dudley and..."

"Dudley?" Kendra exclaimed. "He's not..."

"No he's alright, probably bloody terrified, but alright. I sort of... saved his life, I guess," Harry sighed.

"You used magic?" Kendra asked. Harry nodded.

"I was expelled and then I got granted a hearing. I guess... I guess someone made the Ministry change their mind," Harry grumbled. "Mrs. Figg is a squib, by the way."

"What?!" Kendra stared at her cousin with wide eyes. "The cat lady?"

"Yeah. She said someone had been following me," Harry seemed particularly upset by the fact that he was being trailed. He got up and started pacing, his fists clenched. "Your mum got a howler when your dad threatened to kick me out. And she knew what dementors were. You didn't tell her, did you?"

"Merlin, no," Kendra snorted. "You're not getting kicked out though, right?" He shook his head and Kendra relaxed. He threw himself down on his bed without undressing.

"Good night, Kendra," Harry said, a sigh caught up in his words. She smiled at him with pity in the dark.

"It'll all be alright, Harry. Eventually. Get some sleep," Kendra said. She stayed in her bed, checking on him every few minutes to see if he had gone to sleep. Once she was sure he had, she pulled herself out of her bed, which was no small task, and made her way to the desk across the room as silently as she could. Harry did not wake when the chair creaked as she sat, so she took it as a go.

The parchment and ink was already out, though Kendra very quickly realized a problem. Hedwig had already gone with the letters Harry had sent and Kendra hadn't ever gotten an owl for herself, she just borrowed Hedwig from Harry. But the owl was gone and she didn't know when it would be back. And that was when Kendra remembered what was sitting at the bottom of her trunk.

A gag gift from Lisa their second year, it was an oil that when lit on fire, would transport the object it was doused in to whoever you said. It worked a bit like floo powder, but it had its limitations as far as distance went. She didn't actually know where Hermione was, but she was assuming that she was in England somewhere. She could only hope that the product actually did what it advertised and that Hermione was within the range.

Hermione, Kendra began.

I know I don't write often and I don't want to bother you, but I'm sure you've gotten a worrying letter from Harry, or you're about to. I'm worried for him. I'm not in a condition to stop him from doing anything stupid. Please, whether you send Ron or whoever, just keep him away from this place until his hearing. I've never seen him this angry before.