••dursley•• || sirius black

"How on Earth did she sleep through that?" Ron asked incredulously as Kendra stirred.

"Lots of practice," Harry grumbled.

"What did I sleep through?" Kendra asked sleepily, her eyes squinting as they opened.

"Harry had a tantrum," Ginny said from the corner of the room. "Hello, Kendra. Nice to meet you." Even though they had never met, Kendra had heard enough from the Weasleys from Harry that she knew them all well enough.

"S'nice to meet you too, I'm not usually like this- well, maybe I am, but I usually only nap when it's inconscient for Harry," Kendra said, rambling slightly as she sat up and searched the room for Hermione. There she was, next to Ron, though she was vehemently avoiding eye contact with Kendra. Kendra yawned and stood shakily. "Is it dinner yet? I'm starved."

Harry seemed to share a look with the other people in the room. Kendra scowled. There was something she didn't know. "Erm, well, yes it's time for dinner, but you should probably be prepared that there might be people in the kitchen who look more dangerous than they really are."

"What sort of bollocks warning is that?" Kendra snapped at her cousin. "Spit it out, I can decide for myself whether they're dangerous or not." Harry shared a scared glance with Ron and Hermione.

"Come on, Kendra," Ginny said brightly, though she was hiding a smirk. "I'll help you down the stairs if you'd like?"

"Yes, thank you, Ginny," Kendra beamed at the youngest Weasley. They chatted as they made their way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Sirius Black was sitting down at the head of the table, leaning back in his chair lazily. Kendra snorted and Ginny looked at her.

"Harry's a prat," Kendra laughed as she sat down. Ginny giggled and went to go sit by Tonks, who Kendra had decided that she liked very much. The Weasley Twins were the next in the door, then Harry, who eyed Kendra carefully, then Hermione, who still wasn't looking at Kendra, and then Ron, who was eyeing nothing but the food. Harry meekly sat next to Kendra, which was next to Sirius Black. "Harry, you're a wee bit thick sometimes." Kendra snorted as she looked at his concerned face.

"What?" He asked. Kendra ignored him and turned to Sirius who was watching the two cousins with great interest.

"I'm Kendra, it's nice to meet you," she smiled brightly at the man in front of her. Harry stared at her.

"Hello, Kendra, I'm sure you already know who I am," Sirius grinned slightly, as though being a famous mass-murderer was amusing to him. "I've heard a lot about you." He jerked his head towards a wide eyed Harry.

"You knew?" Harry asked incredulously.

"Harry, Sirius Black mysteriously escapes on the same night as the Hippogriffe that you had been trying to save for months? Not to mention the fact that you kept threatening my dad that Sirius would turn up and turn them a into bats. It didn't take long to connect the dots, honest," Kendra rolled her eyes. "Honestly, I'm surprised not a single person in the Minsitry figured out."

"Snape did," Harry said. Kendra shrugged.

"Snape's a prat though, and he had his head so far up his own arse that it wouldn't have mattered if it was you or not, he still would have accused you," Kendra said, her evident dislike for her Professor not even being attempted to be hidden.

"I like you, kid," Sirius said, grinning. "I think we've got a lot in common." Kendra grinned.

"See, Har-Bear, this is why you should just tell me things, otherwise I'll steal your godfather," Kendra poked Harry in the side. He deflated slightly.

"I think your survival instincts are messed up, Kiki," Harry grumbled.

"Says you," Kendra retorted. "Mister I-need-to-save-the-world-Gryffindor."

"Yeah, I definitely like you," Sirius laughed. "You sound a lot like your aunt used to. Lily was always saying stuff like that." Both Kendra and Harry instantly gave him their undivided attention. "You sort of look like she did, too. Well, she was a ginger and not blonde, but you've got her face shape and her nose. I guess her and your mother looked pretty similar."

"Aunt Petunia doesn't look anything like Kendra," Harry mused. "Are you sure she's your mother?"

"Yes, because I'm positive that's the only reason she keeps me around," Kendra said as she started to ladle some soup into her bowl. "She dislikes my frail ness enough, it doesn't help that I'm a witch as well."

"Ah, well," Sirius said. "That's why you choose your family. Thank you, by the way. It's my understanding that you keep an eye on Harry."

"Not as close of an eye as I should have," Kendra said mournfully. She fet very guilty that Harry had competed in the tournament at all, as though it was her fault, though she knew there was nothing she could have done.

There was a war coming, Kendra knew that for sure. Cedric might have been the first, but he wouldn't be the last. And all Kendra wanted to do was to make sure that Harry was safe. Even though she was very well aware that it was a ridiculous idea. After all, he was the boy who lived. When was he ever safe?

a/n: two updates in one day- who is she? kind of short, a little bit disappointing, but this book is going to pick p speed very fast. hope you enjoyed :)

It's not a Harry Potter related meme but i cried laughing at it for like 20 minutes yesterday so it's going in the chapter

Word count: 957