••dursley•• || preparing to fight

Kendra couldn't do anything but retreat into her own thoughts amidst the chaos of the Great Hall. She had made her goal clear—she was there for Bellatrix Lestrange and whatever else she did was just icing on the cake. Everyone seemed to be fairly happy to let Kendra take on Bellatrix, particularly when she pulled the "Dumbledore said so" card that seemed to work so well on everyone. But Kendra did not need to plan with anyone but herself and Morgana, and that was easier to do if she closed her eyes and tuned the chatter of the Great Hall out. 

"She will not be easy to find, dear," Morgana warned. With Kendra's eyes closed, she could see Morgana's face clearly. She looked different today than she had the last time Kendra had gotten a proper look at her. Kendra wanted to ask about the changes in Morgana's appearance--they were just small, barely noticeable things. But now was not the time. 

"I know," Kendra replied. "But we have an advantage over anyone else who would be fighting her. She wants to find me."

"And for better or for worse, I suspect she will," Morgana smiled softly at Kendra. "You've grown so much from that little girl who was afraid of her feelings."

"It was only two years ago," Kendra replied, taking offense to being called a little girl. Morgana just laughed. 

"Regardless, I thought you should know," Morgana said. "I think you might be my favorite mortal. You're the most interesting ant in the colony, so to speak."

Kendra felt oddly touched, despite the strange analogy. "Thank you, I think," she said. "I guess you're my favorite voice in my head."

"How sweet," Morgana said. "Enough sappy professions now, dear. I think we need a plan."

"She'll be with Voldemort,"  Kendra thought, hoping that thinking the name wouldn't summon him. Though she supposed they were already coming to Hogwarts and it didn't matter if the name was taboo. 

"Yes, unless she finds she has somewhere better to be, or Voldemort finds somewhere better to be," Morgana began. The pieces started to click in Kendra's mind just as Morgana described them. "It wouldn't be particularly difficult to lure either of them away from the other, now would it?"

"It wouldn't be difficult indeed," Kendra mused. "Voldemort wants to kill Harry himself. It'll be easy enough to get him off her, but the difficult part would be her off him."

"She won't come out at first," Morgana explained. "The closest to him will wait behind and they'll send in the ones they consider expendable first. One the first wave has done a bit of damage, that's when the inner circle will be sent out. And ultimately, if he cannot get that dashing cousin of your's to go to him, he will come to your cousin."

Kendra's eyes shot open at the sound of a scream, the image of Morgana behind her eyelids disappearing in the candlelight of the Great Hall. Kendra's eyes locked onto Harry, easily picking him out of the crowd. He was clutching his scar, wincing, and it didn't take Nostradamus to figure out who had caused the chaos. 

"I know that you all are preparing to fight," Voldemort's voice echoed inside Kendra's head--inside every head in the castle. His voice was the same throaty whisper that on anyone else would be pathetic that it had been when he had first terrified her. "This is folly. But I do not wish to see magical blood spilled. So I will give you a choice. Give me Harry Potter, and you shall live. Give me Harry Potter, and you and your families will not be harmed. You have one hour."

"What a load of bollocks," Kendra grumbled under her breath. There was no way--even if Harry pranced over to Voldemort, dug his own grave, and laid down in it--Voldemort was leaving Hogwarts without killing anyone. He had everyone who had ever opposed him all in one group. Even the stupidest villain in the world wouldn't turn that opportunity down.