••dursley•• || rita skeeter

[a/n: there's some homophobia in the house today sorry guys- there's also something you've all been asking me for.]

Kendra didn't get but three breaths of peace before all hell broke loose, again. It was March, the Monday of a new week of classes, groups of Slytherins were making rude faces and hand gestures as she walked into the Great Hall. That wouldn't have bothered her, but it was the other houses staring at her like she had grown a second, a third, and a fourth head overnight that made her suspicious as she sat down and stared at her friends. Mabel shot a glance at the head's table before hopping over to the Ravenclaw table. Damon joined her quickly.

"What is going on?!" Kendra said, exasperated by everyone staring at her. Mabel was holding that Monday's copy of witch weekly in her hands, rolled up tightly.

"Let me ask you something," Mabel posed, pursing her lips. "Would you rather stay ignorant for at least a little while or find out from us?"

"Just tell me," Kendra replied, still confused. She caught Harry looking at the people staring in confusion- he didn't know either, though Harry was always the last person to know when it came to gossip.

"Here," Mabel said, unrolling the paper. There, in bright, flashy colors, the title read:

𝐻𝒜𝑅𝑅𝒴 𝒫𝒪𝒯𝒯𝐸𝑅'𝒮 𝒮𝐸𝒞𝑅𝐸𝒯 𝐻𝐸𝒜𝑅𝒯𝒜𝒞𝐻𝐸
(ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʀɪᴀɴɢʟᴇ)

"This is Rita Skeeter isn't it?" Kendra sighed as she saw the title of the article that the page was now open to, Harry's face staring back at her in his typical manner- confusion. "But I don't get it, why is everyone looking at me like that?"

"Just read a bit, Kendra," Mabel said.

"Unless you'd like me to summarize it for you," Damon countered in a dry tone, staring around and looking as though he would like to beat some people up.

"I know how to read," Kendra replied and took the article in hand, beginning cautiously.

𝙱𝙾𝚈 𝙻𝙸𝙺𝙴 𝙽𝙾 𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁- 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚞𝚊𝚕 𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎, 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚁𝚒𝚝𝚊 𝚂𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙳𝚎𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗-𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛-𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜, 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗 𝙺𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚊 𝙳𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍, 𝙼𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚕𝚎-𝙱𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛. 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚜.

"What!" Kendra hissed. "So she's ignoring the fact that I'm Muggle-Born too as well as the fact that I've been there for Harry since he came to live with us! And in what world is Hermione his girlfriend!?"