••dursley•• || firepower

Morgana pinned down Bellatrix's location in the field like a cat chasing a mouse. Kendra had never been so glad to have a thousands of years old immortal all powerful witch fused with her consciousness.

"Look who it is,"  Bellatrix grinned wickedly as she spotted Kendra. Slowly, Kendra felt her lips twitch, and an identical maniacal grin spread across her own face. "Aw, did you come here to hurt me?"

"If you're so eager for your own destruction, Bella, be my guest," Morgana's voice was everything Kendra's was not. It was raw power and darkness, velveteen and venemous, ancient and eternal.

Something switched in Bellatrix's eyes. Fear keeps into her dar irises as Kendra's hand raised, wand in hand. She continued in the only way she knew how, shooting a taunt in response. "My, my, Kendra, the Dark Lord will be excited to hear about this."

Morgana flicked Kendra's wand. Ropes sprung out, forcing Bellatrix back into the marsh behind her. "Tell your master," Morgana commanded. "Tell him all about this encounter, Bella, how you failed to beat a frail little girl in a duel she wasn't prepared for. How do you think he will react to that?" Morgana leaned forward, and a pleased smile stretched across Kendra's face.

"You know nothing!" Bellatrix spat, her eyes wild like a caged animal's as she struggled against the ropes.

The smile on Kendra's face only grew. "I know everything."

"The Dark Lord should have killed you when he had a chance!" Bellatrix continued.

"Why should he?" Morgana asked. Morgana knew what destiny had in store for Kendra, and here were the pieces, laid in place in front of a chess master. Kendra felt giddiness spread in her chest. Morgana was excited to play the game, to manipulate the world around her until Kendra was where she needed to be for the pieces to all fall into place. Bellatrix was just a pawn in the way of the enemy king, and she was telling her exactly which space to move to.

Kendra noticed that Bellatrix had begun to free herself from the magical ropes. But Morgana was completely in control at this point, and she had no choice but to trust the witch, as she had so many times before. "You're as stupid as you look if you can't figure that out," Bellatrix retorted.

"Why would your master kill me when I am everything he has ever craved? I am power, I am immortality, I am freedom from death. I am more than you could ever give him, and you think he would kill me? I have seen your dreams, Bellatrix Lestrange. And you will never truly have what you want," Morgana's smile was poisonously patronizing. A shiver of satisfaction ran down Kendra's spine at the vicious look on Bellatrix's face.

Suddenly everything happened at once. Bellatrix broke free from her magical ropes and aimed a jinx at Kendra's chest that Morgana jerked away from. It hit Kendra in the arm and blood began to leak from the deep wound. Morgana's smile was gone, her eyes stone cold as she stared Bellatrix down.

Bellatrix thought she had regained the upper hand. The duel ensued, Bellatrix throwing quick curses, whatever she could think of fast enough, and Morgana blocking each of them. Some of the curses rebounded, making Bellatrix narrowly dodge her own spells. The wild look in Bellatrix's eyes only grew as each of her curses was deflected with ease.

"You filthy mudblood!" Bellatrix screamed.

Kendra's free hand reached out and twisted, and Bellatrix froze suddenly choking on nothing. Morgana stared at her coldly. "You will never touch Kendra Dursley again," Morgana said evenly, her voice soft. A shiver ran up Kendra's spine, she did not want to be on the receiving end of that voice.

Blood was trickling from Bellatrix's mouth. Morgana released her hold slightly, knowing that she couldn't just let Bellatrix choke to death, not now at least. Bellatrix took the opportunity to spit a mixture of blood and salvia at Kendra's feet.

That was the tipping point for Morgana. All of the rage that she had been carefully harnessing ever since Kendra had been captured was suddenly exploding. Kendra felt hot, and it was as if her rage and Morgana's was combing in a symphony of burning, searing anger.

Kendra's fingers began to tingle, then burn, then glow. The fight between Bellatrix and Morgana had paused as Bellatrix was in awe of what was happening. The burn spread to her palms, followed by the glow. In moments, Kendra's whole body was burning, and her rage was soothed. She didn't feel the desperate urge for revenge, the satisfaction of making Bellatrix, the pain in her arm where the curse had hit her.

As the glow overpowered her vision, she was back in the meadow, where she so often was. Morgana stepped forward, her eyes soft and caring, and took Kendra's hands in her own.

"Kendra, I will never let anyone hurt you like that again," Morgana said, and she looked pained, as though she had been the one trapped instead of Kendra.

Kendra opened her mouth to reply, but white danced around the corners of her vision and dissolved the meadow in a blinding white light. Kendra felt burning once more, and white light erupted in every corner of her vision. Pain her in her head as the light her brighter and hotter until Kendra felt dizzy.

Suddenly, black ebbed away at the bright light, and Morgana had gone silent once more, leaving Kendra back in control. With her last remaining burst of strength, she forced her eyes open and saw a perfect charred circle around her, Bellatrix no where to be seen. Kendra closed her eyes, satisfied.

That was revenge enough for her.

a/n: if this chapter seems all over the place, it is, I wrote this on the train and got distracted like 12 million times. Either way, I hope you enjoy the "dark kendra" vibes that I hope were appropriately served.

meme time

*hogwarts march plays aggressively*