••dursley•• || the curse

Since Kendra and Hermione had mutually decided they couldn't be anywhere near each other, though for their own reasons, Kendra found herself spending the time she would have spent with the trio of Gryffindors with Cedric Diggory. Careful to make sure that neither of them were taking time away from their significant others (though Kendra and Theo preferred to make their PDA very public, if only for performance's sake), Kendra and Cedric would meet in the kitchens whenever they could. Cedric would help Kendra study for her upcoming exams, a job that would have gone to Hermione had the whole incident with Rita Skeeter never happened, and Kendra helped Cedric prepare for the final task.

She was, to be quite honest, unconcerned with who won the tournament. Harry, though he was her cousin, most definitely did not need the ego boost of Tri-wizard champion. Cedric has the glory of the entire house of Hufflepuff riding on his shoulders, but Kendra was more concerned with seeing him survive. Kendra would be far from upset if Fleur lost; everyone counted her out simply because she was a girl but the Beauxbatons students had done some of the most complex magic she had ever seen. Viktor... Viktor was very nice and all, but Kendra couldn't help but worry that if he won, Hermione wouldn't be able to help herself. Each time Kendra had the thought, she scolded herself viciously, occasionally violently, smacking her face with her hand to clear her thoughts.

Kendra was sitting underneath a tree with Theo after her exam. Lisa was off with her boyfriend Travis, Matt and Damon were doing "who knows what" (although, after the two of them had, to put it simply, made up and made out, there wasn't really any question), and Mabel and Luna were still in exams.

"Look, the violas are in bloom," Kendra said, pointing to the small purple and white flowers that had bloomed in a small, sunlight patch to her right. Theo frowned.

"I don't like flowers," Theo said, fingers digging into the dirt, feet kicking at a stone. Kendra rolled her eyes, though steered away from the subject. She didn't poke much into why Theo didn't like things, because most of them had to do with his parents.

"You're so hot when you hate the world," Kendra teased. He smiled slightly.

"I'm hot all the time, darling," he shook his head. Kendra smirked.

"That's what I said," Kendra replied, her smirk only growing. Theo rolled his eyes, and with a quick glance over Kendra's shoulder, leaned in to kiss her. Kendra accepted it, though she was confused as he pulled away. She had almost gotten used to kissing him, though the taste of cigarettes still made her cringe. She had still never seen him smoke, but he always tasted of it when they kissed. "What was that for?" she murmured, careful to make sure no one would be able to even read her lips.

"Granger was watching," Theo said, smirking slightly. "I didn't think you would mind."

"Well, you know me better than you probably think you do," Kendra shrugged, throwing a glance at Hermione, who was in deep discussion with Ron, Harry nowhere to be seen. Kendra remembered Cedric vaguely saying that they had the day to prepare for the tournament. "It's almost dinner, should we go back to the castle?"

Theo shrugged. "I've just spotted Parkinson, and I would rather not hear about how much of a cow you are. So yes, let's go." Kendra snorted at the idea of Theo being upset at Parkinson calling Kendra a cow. Theo stood first and helped Kendra up, smirking the whole time as she stood. Kendra rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything to him.

They sat down at the Ravenclaw table just as Cedric was coming in, a man she assumed to be his father with him. He waved at Kendra, beckoning her towards him. "Sorry, Theo, you have to sit with Lisa for a moment," Kendra said, standing to abide by Cedric's request. Theo groaned as though he had been shot and Lisa glared at him playfully. The conversation that followed was lost to Kendra as it was out of her hearing range very quickly.