••dursley•• || the goblet of fire

"Look, Damon," Luna said, pointing to the group of Beauxbatons students who had all sat down at the Ravenclaw table. "You're close enough to say hello."

"Not yet!" Damon replied, blushing darkly. "I've got to come up with a magnificent opener. These things have to be planned."

"You're a dork, you know that, right?" Mabel sighed. "Say hello to Euphenia for me, Matt's giving Damon 'the stare'. We'd better go sit down."

"Who says hi to cat?" Lisa grumbled, but Mabel pretended she didn't hear as she walked away.

They all filed into their usual seats, mostly unimpeded by the Beauxbatons students. Lisa day where she could see Krum, who had sat down at the Slytherin table. Draco Malfoy was in rapid conversation (or rather, he was talking at Krum, who didn't seem to be listening) with Krum. Emilia, who had the misfortune of sitting near the group of fourth years, looked as though she wanted to slam her head into the stone wall behind her.

Dumbledore stood once everyone had been seated and welcomed his students and guests alike to Hogwarts. And then, with a wave of his hand, the tables filled with a sea of food, most of it Kendra has never seen before. Lisa, however, let out a gasp and immediately shoved the spoon into a beef stew, ladling it into a bowl.

"It's been so long since I've had boeuf bourguignon," Lisa said, admiring a spoonful in the candle light. "And they have gratin dauphinoise, and croque monsieurs..."

"Excuze me," a Beauxbatons girl, one who had only just removed her scarf from around her head, walked over to Lisa (and Lisa's boeuf bourguignon). "Are you fini wis ze bourguignon?"

"Mais, oui," Lisa said, handing her the dish. She accepted it gracefully and with a smile before returning back to her friends, all of whom were excited to see the dish. "So when's your next little study sesh with Granger?"

Mabel spun around in her seat to face the Ravenclaw table with those words. "We're talking about Granger, now?"

"Yeah, let's just go ahead and let everyone know, shall we?" Kendra said, rolling her eyes, her cheeks dusted red. "Tell Dumbledore while you're at it."

"So," Mabel said, waving her hand, trying to get Kendra to hurry up. "When're you gonna see her again?"

"Tomorrow," Kendra said, her eyes flickering to the Gryffindor table. "She's helping me with the potions essay."

"Snape, how romantic," Lisa snorted. "He's the last thing I'd want to think about when I'm "studying" in the library."

"You're a prick," Kendra sighed.

Dumbledore had stood from his place at the head of the table and cleared all of the plates in the hall. Lisa stuck her tongue out at Kendra but turned her full attention to Dumbledore all the same. "The time has come for me to announce the start of the Triwizard tournament. I would like to say a few words before we bring in the casket just to clarify the procedure this year. But first, let me introduce Mr. Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation-" Kendra clapped lazily, along with a few other people in the hall- "and Mr. Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports."

There was a much louder round of applause for Bagman than Crouch, likely because Crouch seemed like the kind of man Kendra's father would take golfing on the weekends. Lisa elbowed Kendra and leaned in to whisper in her ear, "Bagman was a beater on a popular quidditch team before he joined the ministry. Then he got fat and pretended that he was still a teenager." Kendra smiled at her friend but continued to listen to the speech.

"Mr. Bagman and Mr. Crouch have worked tirelessly over the past few months to organize the Triwizard Tournament, and they will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxine on the panel of judges that will judge the champions," Dumbledore paused as the hall suddenly sucked in a collective breath at the mention of champions.