••dursley•• || the yule ball

Theodore was true to his word. Lisa had lent Kendra a pair of dress robes that she had grown out of but hadn't gotten rid of yet.  They had sent the whole afternoon getting ready (and trying to dress Euphenia up, though the only ended in her napping in a pile of discarded clothes). Kendra did Lisa's hair to the best of her ability, and Lisa did Kendra's to the full extent of her's.

And fifteen minutes before the dance started, Theodore and Travis Wrost were at the door to the Ravenclaw Common Room. A sour looking seventh year who was going back into the common room to study rather than go to the dance told the two that a pair of "dull-looking" boys were waiting outside for them. Lisa had jumped up from her seat and bounded ahead of Kendra, who dragged her feet all the way to the door.

"Travis," Lisa sighed, melting into his arms the moment that she saw him. Kendra wrinkles her nose in disgust as they kissed and turned away to look at Theodore.

"Here you are," Theodore said, smiling slightly.

"Here you are," Kendra replied, smiling back. Lisa pulled away from Travis and turned towards Kendra.

"Come on, we don't want to be late!" Lisa said, a smile on her face despite the urgency in her tone. Kendra resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"Speak for yourself," Kendra muttered under her breath. Theo let out a short, soft laugh at her words. Lisa had heard her too and turned around to glare playfully at her best friend.

"Let me enjoy my moment, Kendra," Lisa said, rolling her eyes. They all made their way down the stairs and into the Great Hall, where they waited for the champions. Kendra was eager to see if her cousin's date- Parvati Patil, as she had heard from Padma, her twin sister in Ravenclaw, who was going, however reluctantly, with Ron Weasley- had actually managed to force Harry to comb his hair and whether or not it would do anything for him.

She was also eager to see Hermione, who had told her the week before that she wanted to go all out for the ball and show people that she wasn't just the plain bookworm that people assumed she was. Being the only mutual friend that Krum and Hermione shared, it meant she had gotten used to third wheeling on the few occasions that they had spent time together. Hermione had wanted to keep it secret until the ball and so Viktor had easily agreed. Even though it felt as though little pieces of her heart were being torn off every time Hermione got flustered by something Viktor said, she was happy that Hermione was happy. And maybe, just maybe, she could live with that.

Or at least that was what she was telling herself as the champions came out.

First was Fleur Delaceour and her date, Rodger Davies, who seemed entirely smitten by his enchantingly beautiful date. She seemed to glide across the floor rather than walk and she took her place. After them came Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang, both of whom seemed to beam with happiness. Though Cho was in the year above Kendra, she had heard through the grapevine all about how Cedric had asked her- and how she had turned her cousin down after he was too late.

Then came Harry, who looked as though he was a frog who had been dumped in a pot of boiling hot water. Parvati held her head up high and waved to the people she knew in the crowd. Kendra locked eyes with Harry's. He glanced at Theodore for a second, but Kendra shook her head slightly before putting two fingers under her chin and tapping gently, raising her chin. Harry straightened instantly and smiled at his cousin.

And right after them, was Viktor and Hermione. Kendra couldn't even manage to take a deep breath in before it was snatched away from her. Hermione looked stunning, magnificent- there weren't enough letters in the alphabet to describe how fanciful she looked. She shyly waved at a few people, including Kendra, whose face lit up in a smile as the attention from Hermione. Viktor looked very pleased with himself, though also as though he must have been dragged there by Karkaroff himself to get him to even come to the dance.