••dursley•• || the great escape

{tw: potentially triggering mentions of falling from a high place/dying from a fall from a height}

Kendra's hands found the crystal on her necklace beneath her shirt, holding it in a sort of comforting manner, her mind still deep in the throwes of her dream. With a sigh, she swallowed back the emotion that lingered from the goodbye, knowing that she didn't have the time to linger on it. Whatever amount of allowance that Voldemort had given her was completely gone. Staying at this point was essentially death, and that was counterproductive at best. She had to leave.

She pulled the necklace out of her shirt and grasped the crystal in her hand, the cool surface soothing. If there was anyone she knew had experience sneaking out of Malfoy Manor, it was the heir himself. She brought the crystal to her lips and whispered his name.

"Kendra?" he asked, his voice slightly groggy. Kendra hadn't realized it was night and flushed out of slight embarrassment. 

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" she asked, her voice quiet. 

"Yes, but it doesn't matter," he replied, having woken up enough to know that for whatever reason Kendra was calling him at night, it wasn't good. "What's wrong? Should I go get Theo?"

Kendra smiled slightly at the idea that Draco would go and get Theo to deal with her problems instead of leaving him to do it. She didn't blame him, though it wasn't as if Theo was any better than him. "No, I don't think he has as much experience as you. How do you sneak out of Malfoy Manor?"

"Shit, Kendra," Draco let out a breath. "It's that bad?"

"No," she began. She paused and then corrected herself. "Alright, yeah, it sort of is. Listen, I need to get out because if I don't I might die. Can you help?"

"Can you get a wand?" he asked seriously. 

"I don't know,' Kendra admitted. "But I've been working on my wandless magic, I might be able to--"

"And do you think you can apparate without a wand?" he asked dryly. "Because that's your best chance of getting out." Kendra paused, silently asking Morgana.

"If it was life or death, I could apparate you without a wand," Morgana sighed. "But I'd rather not. Your chance of survival, much less landing in one piece, would be very slim. If there is another way, take it."

"Okay, what else?" Kendra asked. "You snuck out all the time when you were fifteen, there has to be a way--"

"Yeah, well I also had the advantage of not being wanted dead by everyone in the house," Draco snarked, his tone verging on nasty. He took a deep breath. "Sorry, that was shit of me to say. First of all, don't go by the peacocks. They're the security."

"Quirky," Kendra mumbled under her breath. Draco sighed but continued like he hadn't heard her. 

"You can probably get out through the window in my room, but if anyone is in the grounds, you'll be seen instantly. And it's on the second floor. There are some rose bushes at the bottom but it's not a fun fall," he sighed. "Maybe do a cushioning charm?"

"I can do that," Kendra said. "I think."

"From there, you just have to hop the hedges--the fence won't let you out if it doesn't recognize you. But you gotta watch the peacocks like I said. And probably fast, because if they see you, they move fairly quickly," Draco let out a sigh. 

"Great," Kendra replied, only slightly hysteric. "Maybe I should try and steal a wand instead?"

"Whatever you think is better," Draco replied honestly. "Just be careful, Kendra."