because, let's be honest, it needed to be said

AKA I moved this chapter to before the story so read it before you start the story

(also, if you're interested, i started a patreon for commissions! link is in my bio)

NUMBER ONE

if you're here to fetishize lesbians, gay men, or any of the lgbtq+ characters that are a part of this story, please leave. this isn't for you, and guess what! neither are people who are persecuted and killed every day because of who they love. people's sexualities aren't things for people (usually straight people) to get off to. sorry not sorry if i offended you.

NUMBER TWO

In the beginning (or through the first tenish chapters), the characters are very accepting of people with different sexualities. i can't promise that this will always be the case going forwards (mostly because i need an excuse to get my anger at homophobic people out through this heehee). the story is set in the early nineties- the level of acceptance that exists today in parts of the world was much less common. if that kind of speech will trigger you, it's sad to see you go, but it's better for you to be healthy than read my shitty fan fiction. i'll do my best to put warnings at the top of chapters that might have triggering material in them, but consider this a general warning.

NUMBER THREE

yes, Kendra has a chronic illness. no it's not going to get magically cured so if you're sticking around here for that, please go enjoy being ableist elsewhere. i want to be very transparent in saying that i personally haven't been diagnosed with the particular illness(es oops). but i've been researching it for about a year and the comments are always open for some insight. i also want to make very clear that this isn't "Kendra needs to get better to solve her problems oh how terrible". this story is about her coming from a home where having any sort of imperfection is 'bad' and a secret that she has to keep for people to accept her. this story is about her learning to accept her body and the extra things that come with it, her sexuality, all parts of herself rather than just what society sees as "good". telling people about difficult things that are happening in life is something i personally struggle with, so i wanted to use this as a place to vent, sort of. if you have a problem with that, i'm sorry (not really), goodbye.

okay that's my rant over. now that my opinions are all out on the floor, hope you hate me just a lil bit more 😗✌️. there will be a new chapter out soon, promise this time.

can you tell that i had a mental breakdown and bleached all my hair today?

this was me as i wrote this

ok bye love you

update June 9th: I didn't mention it my original post, and haven't changed it yet because I assumed that I already had (I want to say that I am ashamed that I didn't think to mention it in this rant and that by ignoring the problem, I am part of it). Black lives matter. The issue goes beyond police corruption. All lives can't matter until black lives matter. I live in America, and right now, protests are exploding across the country- across the world. People are demanding to be heard. I can't speak too much on the issue because I'm very much white and have been cushioned by privilege all of my life. But if I can give anyone who needs a platform a voice, I will try my best. I feel like this is especially important in the fanfic world, where a lot of characters/face claims are white and diversity feels forced when it does exist- I am guilty of this as well, though I have tried to include more and more poc as my writing has expanded from trying to build myself a place in a world to trying to build one for others.

In addition, if you feel hurt by what JK Rowling has been saying on Twitter (if you don't know, google it- its TERFy), I am always here to talk, whether it's in the comments or through pms. Again, I am not trans, and I will never know what life is like as a trans person. That being said, if you are a person who "supports" the lgbtq community (or is a part of the lgbt community) and you can't support transgender people, especially trans people of color, then please, educate yourself. The community would be nowhere without trans women of color. Some of the most beautiful, sweet souls I have ever met have also happened to be transgender, including my sister. If you want to exclude them from the community, you can very kindly, exclude yourself from my life. Human rights shouldn't be politicized or opinionated.

(and this is just a message to all of my aro or ace, or nonbinary people out there- I love and accept you, even though I didn't get heated the issues plaguing the rest of the lgbt community, which, boy howdy, that's a whole other can of worms that society would very much like to ignore)

thx gramps for makin me angry at the world 😌✨ you know I love it when you tell me to smile more 😋💕😗

PS (12/12): thank you all for your very sweet comments but this is the bare minimum and I really don't deserve praise for putting it out there ❤️