CH 1.9 The Kiss

Bucky, Steve, and Andrew arrived back at the hidden army base they were staying at. They all prepared for bed before joining together in the room where they all had to sleep. Fortunately, but much to the detriment of humor, there were three small beds in the room. One small room, three full grown men. Fun.

"So, Steven" Andrew said as they all sat on the side of their respective beds. "I believe you owe Buck and I an explanation as to how you are now taller than both of us and can throw a Nazi twenty feet." As Andrew finished talking he removed his shirt in preparation for bed.

"...you first" Steve said as he and Bucky looked at Andrew's chest in shock.

"What?" Andrew asked before looking down at his own body. "Holy shit!" Andrew exclaimed as he looked at his torso. He had been fit before being captured by Hyrda, but now it looked as if everything but muscle and skin had melted off his body. Andrew walked over to the mirror in the room and poked his new six pack abs with his index finger. "Well, they're real" Andrew shrugged. "I look like I eat salad, work out, sleep and repeat. I'll take that over Steroids McGee over there." Andrew joked pointing at Steve. Bucky chuckled looking at his two best friends.

"How did you not notice?" Bucky asked laughing.

"Well, looking at myself in the mirror wasn't my first priority" Andrew scoffed, looking at his new biceps. "Whatever was in that syringe must've done this." Andrew said as the story finally came together in Steve's head.

"You said Hyrda gave you a serum. What did it look like?" Steve asked Andrew.

"Blueish. A little gray." Andrew replied unsure of what exactly had been put in his body. "That little scientist wasn't making much sense when he was spoiling his evil plan."

"I bet if I tell you what happened to me, it'll help you guys understand." Steve sighed as he gathered his thoughts.

"'Bout time" Bucky joked.

"I love a good bedtime story" Andrew joked said as he sat back down on his bed, pulling the extremely thin covers up to his chin.

"You guys remember the night before you left and I stayed behind to try to enlist again?" Steve quizzed.

"Yeah" Bucky and Andrew answered in unison.

"Well, I finally got caught lying" Steve said with a grin.

"Who could've seen this coming?!" Andrew said with a sarcastic gasp.

"A scientist named Dr. Erskine came into the room and asked why I had lied on the form. I told him and he asked if I wanted to kill Nazis. I told him I didn't want to kill anybody, but I don't like bullies. Erskine allowed me to get into the army and I went to Camp Lehigh."

"You're kidding" Andrew said "Little ninety pound Steve going through military training? Oh, I would've paid good money to see that!" He laughed.

"Then Dr. Erskine picked me for project called Rebirth after I jumped on a dummy grenade." Steve said continuing his story as Bucky and Andrew listened intently. "I went with Peggy to a secret military base and they hooked me up to a machine. Howard Stark was there and he started the machine after I got prepared. The machine enclosed me and started injecting me with a serum Erskine had created. It hurt like hell."

"Andrew screamed like a little baby when Zola gave it to him" Bucky said with a smirk.

"Watch it, Barnes" Andrew said with a smile.

"Then, I hopped out of the machine and I was this tall and...like this" Steve said with a grin that quickly faded as he prepared to tell the next part of his tale. "There was a Hyrda spy at the base. We didn't- we couldn't have known he was there. He shot Erskine. Before he died he reminded me of the promise I made to him. I promised that even if the procedure worked I would still be the kid from Brooklyn. I stood up and started to chase after the spy because he had grabbed a leftover vile of Erskine's serum. I chased him for a few minutes while he shot at me before he jumped in the river and got into a submarine. I'm guessing he must've transferred some of the data from the serum back to the main hyrda base which allowed Zola to recreate the serum as close as he could."