CH 2.20 The Things That Go Boom

"You wouldn't happen to have a spare men's suit laying around?" Andrew joked as he and Peggy entered her apartment.

"I don't, unfortunately" Peggy smiled. "However I did 'borrow' one from the SSR a while back."

"You did not!" Andrew exclaimed in disbelief.

Peggy emerged from her room with a suit. "I'm thinking I did."

"Will it fit?"

"It had 'Andrew Williams' in bold letters above the hanger" Peggy smirked.

"You stole my suit that I didn't know about?"

"Perhaps...just put it on" Peggy giggled and tossed the suit to Andrew...

Andrew straightened his sleeve, pulled his jacket into position, and fixed his tie. Andrew smirked in the mirror before exiting the bathroom and walking into the main room of the apartment.

He and Peggy looked up and laid eyes on each other for the first time simultaneously. They both stopped what they were doing and stared.

Peggy was wearing a long blonde wig with a full-length golden dress that sparkled with light touched it. The dress had golden straps that wrapped gently around her arms just below her shoulders and had a deep 'v' neckline that presented Peggy's upper body elegantly. She wore a diamond necklace and carried a medium-sized handbag. Andrew's eyes danced between Peggy's face and her dress. Similarly, Peggy's gaze drifted from Andrew's face down to his suit.

"You certainly clean up nicely" Peggy cleared her throat.

"You look...incredible" Andrew replied with a deep breath.

Peggy smiled at him and continued packing her handbag.

"You got snacks in there?" Andrew teased.

"Not the kind that don't blow your head off" Peggy chuckled and snatched her bag away from Andrew's prying eyes defensively.

"I'll pass" Andrew laughed and plopped down on the edge of Peggy's bed. "So, blonde, huh?"

"Apparently, Raymond likes it" Peggy responded.

"He has excellent taste."

"You think so?" Peggy smiled and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"I'm being persuaded...it's a nice color on you."

"I see" Peggy smiled. "Do you have a preference in hair color?"

"I care more about what's underneath the hair" Andrew smirked and walked over to Peggy after she'd finished packing and stood up.

Andrew walked over and kissed Peggy's cheek before putting his hands in his pockets and walking away.

"Is that a compliment about my mind or my body?" Peggy blushed.

"Whichever you want" Andrew smiled over his shoulder...

Peggy and Andrew stepped out of a taxi and stood in front of La Martinique. Andrew pulled a slip of paper he'd just found out of his pocket. It was cover names and stories.

"Huh, apparently, I'm James Bind" Andrew said to Peggy.

"Do I get a fake name?" She asked excitedly.

"Miss Stephanie Broadchest" Andrew snickered.

"I am not!" Peggy laughed and tried to grab the paper from Andrew. He pulled the paper away from Peggy and laughed.

"You'll just have to trust me on this one, Peg."

"I'll just use my usual disguise" Peggy huffed jokingly.