CH 2.31 The Death in the Family

--A/N--

Hiya :) just wanted to pop in to acknowledge the winter soldier's metal arm in the cover photo above...yes, it should be his left arm instead of his right. I had to flip the image of him to fit the woman into the photo in a way that made sense. Pretend as if it's normal... everything's fine. Also after this chapter, we'll be starting the first spinoff book! I'm not sure when it'll come out so if you're interested in it be sure to follow me so you get notified when it gets uploaded. Enjoy! <3

---------------------------------------------------------

"This is Moon Knight" Andrew explained to everyone slowly. "He's not very nice and I have the scars to prove it."

"What?" Peggy asked angrily.

"But now we're best buds!" Andrew exclaimed joyfully.

"It was all...a big misunderstanding" Moon Knight sighed as if he was reading off a script.

"See?" Andrew smiled.

Hank in his Ant-Man suit huffed and turned around as Janet dressed as The Wasp glared at Moon Knight.

"I feel very welcomed in this safe space" Moon Knight whispered to Andrew.

"They're a little hesitant, give 'em some time."

Andrew in his freshly repaired Peacekeeper armor patted Moon Knight on the back and walked over to Ant-Man and The Wasp. He slung his arms over their shoulders and leaned his head between theirs.

"Gentle reminder for y'all" Andrew murmured softly. "Superhearing...IIIII've got it!" He smiled.

Janet's cheeks turned a bright red and Hank chuckled to himself. "Your welcome" Hank giggled.

"Sorry" Janet replied swiftly through her embarrassment.

"Not a problem...sounds like you had fun" Andrew smiled cheekily. "'Don't stop, Hank! Oh, Janet!'" he mimicked in a small high-pitched voice.

"Ohmygod!" Janet let out a petrified gasp.

"Ew, don't do that" Hank grimaced in disgust.

"Andrew? Could you come here a moment?" Peggy called from a different area of the aircraft. "If you're finished pestering the happy couple."

Andrew set down a pistol he'd picked up and walked toward Peggy's voice, smacking Moon Knight's ass on the way out. "Play nice" The Knight muttered to himself, slowly sharping one of his crescent darts.

"What can I do for you, darling?" Andrew asked copying Peggy's accent and her use of the word 'darling.'

"Why are you always like this before we risk our lives?" Peggy giggled, pushing papers aside to reveal building schematics.

"Gotta be in good spirits if we're going to battle, Steve was a fan...Bucky wasn't."

"Oh yes...'Andrew really brings the positivity before we attack, I appreciate it'" Peggy quoted her late lover.

"Steve really said that?" Andrew asked softly.

"After one of our few nights together" Peggy sighed and looked down at her fidgeting fingers. "He spoke of you often...he truly loved you, maybe as much as Bucky." She continued. Andrew found himself surprised by a tear falling off his chin. He sniffed and tried to compose himself.

"I loved him too...not as much as I loved Bucky but still" Andrew smiled jokingly.

"Was I the only one that loved all of you?" Peggy chuckled sadly.

"Probably, but we all knew who came in first place" Andrew snickered.

"He was no--!"

"Peg, it's fine" Andrew giggled, he'd predicted Peggy's reaction correctly. "There is only one Steve Rogers...there will never be...another Steve Rogers. You and Steve are something everyone else can only dream of, Peggy. To think that Steve shouldn't come first is foolish at best."