CH 2.25 The Holly Jolly Homicide

Maria was sobbing harder than she ever had before. At this point, Andrew was holding her up. She couldn't stand on her own...her body wanted to crumple into a crying pile on the floor. Andrew was still lost, he had no idea what had happened or why Maria was crying like this.

"I'm here," Andrew said softly as he held Maria in his arms.

Maria continued to cry for a few minutes before her tears had slowed enough to get a few words out.

"D-Don't..leave..m-me"

The answer to the question he'd been asking himself for the last ten minutes hit Andrew in the chest like a truck...

He'd done the exact thing that Monica's biological father did.

Andrew had left during the night and without saying anything...right before something important in their relationship was supposed to happen. History was repeating itself for Maria.

It was him...he was the reason why Maria was crying.

Andrew's heart fell into his stomach.

"I'm so sorry" He murmured. The last thing Andrew ever wanted to do was hurt anyone close to him...especially, Maria and Monica. That was the last thing they deserved. "I'm sorry" Andrew involuntarily sputtered. A guilt-ridden tear trickled slowly down Andrew's right cheek.

Andrew picked Maria's head up off his shoulder and kissed her. He couldn't help it...he had to do something. He had to let her know he was still here, that he still cared, that he would never leave her.

Andrew pulled away and tenderly kissed Maria's forehead. Maria wrapped her arms around Andrew's neck and nuzzled her head into Andrew.

"I'm so sorry" Andrew muttered. "I will never leave...never."

"It's o-okay" Maria whispered.

Andrew wished he could go back and erase what he'd accidentally done. He should've just gone out during the day...he'd miss out on time with them but at least this wouldn't have happened. Maria didn't deserve this. She deserved to live a completely normal life away from whatever Andrew's life was. She deserved to be with someone who could give her that and more...and Andrew wasn't sure if he could.

Maria shakily inhaled deeply...and exhaled exhaustedly.

"Take m-me to bed?" Maria sniffled and Andrew wiped her cheek with his shirt.

"Of course" Andrew smiled back softly. "Hold on."

Andrew swung Maria up into his arms, forcing a small giggle out of her, and carried her bridal style to her room.

Andrew flipped the light switch off and carried Maria to her side of the bed. He gently dipped her so she could turn on the small lamp on her nightstand. Andrew delicately set Maria down on her bed and she smiled up at him. Andrew grinned and kissed her twice. He flopped down right on top of her.

"Oh, shit" Maria sputtered and laughed as Andrew laid lifelessly on her.

He rolled over and flipped the lamp off before returning right to his spot on Maria.

"What the hell are you doing?" Maria laughed breathlessly.

"Proving that I'm not leaving" Andrew whispered into her neck. "This is called dedication."

"I..am exhausted" Maria replied mischievously. "I don't have time for this" she added and started pulling Andrew's shirt off.

"Oh thanks, I was getting a little toasty" Andrew teased.

"Oh hoho, I ain't done" Maria smirked.

Maria jabbed Andrew in the ribs and...tickled him.

The war hero that fought Nazis, assassins, and criminals of all types...had one ticklish spot, and of course...Maria had found it.