CH 2.11 The Nightmare

"What are you doing here?!" Andrew exclaimed, attempting to keep his voice down.

"I just got assigned here! What are you doing here?!" Carol asked in shock.

"I work here!" Andrew replied in a whispered yell as he walked over to the door, shut it, and locked it. "This is bad."

"What'd you mean?" Carol questioned in a concerned tone.

"I don't know" Andrew muttered, running his hand through his hair. "I just-- what happens now?"

"I-- I don't know...do you wanna stop?" Carol asked nervously as she grabbed Andrew's hands and held them.

"No! god no, this was just...unexpected"

"Very unexpected but I don't wanna stop either" Carol smiled. "This is just a...speedbump".

"Yeah" Andrew smiled back. "No one can know though."

"Oh, NO ONE can know" Carol agreed with a chuckle.

Carol stood up on her tiptoes and kissed Andrew.

"Did you tell anybody?" Andrew asked after pulling away.

"Just Maria, but only because I didn't know you'd be here."

"How much does she know?"

"Too much...did you tell anybody?" Carol changed the subject.

"No, Carol, thank you for pointing out my lack of friends."

"You have me" Carol in a baby voice.

"Do I?" Andrew asked sarcastically.

"Last time I checked...I'm gonna go find Maria so we can talk to her." Carol grinned before quickly kissing Andrew three times and leaving the room.

Andrew leaned back against his desk and sighed.

Carol found Maria talking to Dr. Lawson a few minutes later.

"Excuse me, could I borrow Rambeau for a minute, Captain wants to see her." Carol explained as she interrupted their conversation.

"Better not keep him waiting" Lawson replied. "We can continue later" She said as tapped Maria on the arm and left.

"Carol, what the hell?" Maria asked in confusion as Carol rushed her to Andrew's office.

"We have a problem" Carol said with a huff.

"What's the big--" Maria started to say as she entered the room.

Maria burst into laugher mid-sentence and Carol shut the door.

"You're-- and she--" Maria spoke through her laugher. Carol rolled her eyes and Andrew sighed with a smirk as he looked at the floor. Maria composed herself after a few seconds.

"Maria--" Andrew started to say.

"Yeah, I won't say anything" Maria chuckled. "Nice to meet you" she said stretching her hand out toward Andrew.

"Great to meet you" Andrew smiled and shook Maria's hand.

"She likes you...don't screw it up" Maria told Andrew coldly.

"I don't plan on it"

"Good answer...you should come to dinner with us tonight" Maria said with a mischievous grin. "Been a while since one of the girls brought a guy."

"Maria!" Carol exclaimed. "Time to go" Carol pushed a laughing Maria out of Andrew's office.

"Was that offer legit?" Andrew asked Carol.