CH 2.9 The Goodbyes

Four months later and a week before Andrew leaves, everyone had gathered at Hank and Janet's house for a Christmas Eve party. Peggy, Andrew, and Janet were in the kitchen cooking, while Hank was playing with Hope trying to tire her out. Janet turned up the Christmas music and started to move her shoulders to the song. Peggy danced along and bumped Andrew with her hip to try to get him to dance.

"It's not happening" Andrew smiled.

"Please!" Peggy begged.

"No, ma'am" Andrew replied.

Peggy took a step back and stretched her hand out with a grin. Andrew sighed, knowing she wouldn't stop until he did something. Andrew turned to Peggy and grabbed her hand. She spun as he pulled her in. Andrew twirled Peggy around and dipped her when she stopped spinning. Janet applauded.

"Happy?" Andrew asked with a smile, still leaning over Peggy as she held on to him and he steadied her.

"Very" Peggy replied, looking up at him with a grin.

"He can dance?! That's just unfair!" Hank yelled from the living room.

"Sorry!" Andrew yelled back.

"Is there anything you can't do!?" Hank shouted.

"I can't ride a bike...motorcycle yes, bicycle no" Andrew replied loudly.

Janet looked at him confused.

"It's best to not question it" Peggy teased.

"That's not very nice!" Andrew pouted sarcastically.

Peggy and Janet laughed as Andrew tried to explain himself and they continued to cook...

A few hours later, they had finished eating and Janet had put Hope to bed so everyone was relaxing in the living room.

"Eggnog anyone?" Peggy asked from the kitchen.

"If you don't mind" "Yes, please" "I think you know my answer" Janet, Hank, and Andrew replied respectively.

Peggy brought everyone their beverage and then sat down next to Andrew. Andrew put his arm around her and took a sip of his eggnog. He sat up straight and coughed, making Peggy chuckle.

"Holy sh- wow" Andrew exclaimed as Hank and Janet coughed.

"Did you put the whole bottle in?!" Andrew asked Peggy with a laugh.

"Do you not like it?" Peggy asked sarcastically.

"I do like it, but I was not expecting it" Andrew replied as he relaxed.

"Of course you don't mind, you can't get drunk" Hank scoffed.

"That's true...I also like rum though"

The room went silent, Andrew knew what they wanted to talk about.

"We can have a conversation about it, guys"

"We didn't want to make you uncomfortable" Hank replied.

"I'm okay" Andrew reassured everyone.

"What do you think it'll be like?" Janet asked Andrew curiously.

"I honestly don't know...I just hope it doesn't last too long." Andrew replied with a sigh. Peggy squeezed his hand.

"We'll wait for you...however long it takes" Hank said. "You shouldn't wait for us though."

"What's that mean?" Andrew questioned.

"You've gotta let us go, Andrew" Janet answered. "This 'trip' could take months, maybe a year...you have to keep living."