CH 2.26 The Reconciliation

Andrew skeptically opened his door and a clearly injured man collapsed into his arms.

"Woah!" Andrew inadvertently exclaimed. "I gotcha."

"Are t-they here?" The man mumbled, on the verge of losing consciousness.

"What? No..no they aren't."

"Good...good" the man smiled softly as he fought through the intense pain. "Been a while, Andrew."

"You're bleeding on my carpet, Marc" Andrew smiled back and teased his friend.

"I'll p-pay you back" Marc Spector lied through a smile. "Say, do you have a-anything to make that s-stop?" He asked, his blood-soaked hand still clutching his profusely bleeding side.

"Right" Andrew jumped to his feet, his adrenaline canceling out his own pain. "Don't you dare bleed out on my carpet, Marcus!" Andrew yelled as he hustled down his hallway.

"My n-name's not Marcus" Marc groaned and his head thumped against the floor in exhaustion.

"DON'T GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT!" Andrew yelled from the bathroom.

"I hate y-you" Marc smirked.

"Sorry, what was that?" Andrew asked as he ran back into the room with medical supplies.

"I s-said...I h-hate you."

"Yeah, I know, pal...now sit still so I can save your life."

A few minutes later, Marc has ceased his ruining of Andrew's floor and could catch his breath successfully.

"Was this your fun mercenary buddies?" Andrew asked as he wrapped a cut on Marc's arm.

"You must have friends in high places" Marc let out a soft painful chuckle.

"I don't know if I'd call them 'friends', Marc."

"Then what?" Marc winced and an eyebrow raised. "Enemies? Acquaintances?...Lovers?"

"Stop" Andrew chuckled and whacked Marc's injured arm in revenge.

"Shiiiiit" Marc hissed and grabbed his arm. "Lovers it is then."

"What? You jealous?"

"Maybe" Marc joked. "I don't do the mercenary shit anymore."

"That's great, but it doesn't answer my question."

"It wasn't them," Marc sighed and grit his teeth as Andrew carefully tore off his shirt. "I usually like to be asked to dinner first" he teased.

"Do you want my help or not?" Andrew smiled.

"Death is not my preference" Marc groaned.

"You are the worst patient ever."

"And you're not even getting paid" Marc giggled to himself even though it hurt. He didn't have much humor in his life these days...it was nice to be able to joke around with Andrew.

"How's the arm?" Andrew chuckled.

"Dislocated" Marc replied matter-of-factly.

"Yes...I see that" Andrew frowned unamused. "On zero, okay?"

Marc nodded.

"Three...two--"

"Sonofabitch!" Marc yelled in anger and pain after Andrew shoved his shoulder back into place before Marc could be prepared for it.

"See but now it's over" Andrew smiled.

"You'll be lucky if your life isn't over" Marc snarled.