CH 2.16 The Flight

"What just...happened?"

Andrew asked from the floor while Carol steadied her breathing as she sprawled out on the table.

"Well..." Carol panted in reply. "I think you just frosted my cupcake."

"CAROL!" Andrew exclaimed from the floor in shock.

"What?" Carol laughed. "Cupcake is a euphemism for my--"

"YES...I know, I get it, alright?" Andrew panicked.

Carol cackled at Andrew's reaction to her teasing.

"Is it just me or are we getting better at that?" Andrew asked with a giggle.

"Practice makes perfect" Carol smirked as she nudged Andrew with her foot.

Andrew chuckled. "How are we going to clean all this up?" He questioned.

"Well you did a pretty good job over here" Carol replied, gesturing to her body. "It'd take a while to clean the room with your mouth though."

"What is wrong with you?!" Andrew exclaimed, gently whacking Carol's leg that was dangling off the table. "One more dirty joke and I'll shower without you" He laughed.

Carol laughed and let out a happy sigh.

"I'm happy...really really happy."

"Me too, hun" Andrew grinned. "God, everything is sticky" he whined as he touched around on his chest.

"Now you know how I feel every time" Carol snickered.

"Alright!" Andrew yelled while laughing. He pulled his pants up and started running away.

"Wait!" Carol shouted after him. "Was the frosting my cupcake joke untrue!?" She exclaimed sarcastically.

A few minutes later, Andrew was peacefully showering. He smiled when he heard feet on the bathroom floor tile. Carol swung the shower door open with a cheeky smirk.

"The door doesn't have a lock on it..."

A few weeks later, Andrew was in one of the main hangars with Dr. Wendy Lawson going over the final details on the first aircraft they'd built together. It was a semi-standard fighter jet but Lawson had used a power source that Andrew didn't have clearance to know about to power the engine and weapon systems. Andrew hopped up to get a look at the propulsion technology Lawson had used.

"You ever gonna tell me what this is?" Andrew asked with a smile, pointing to the blue fluid running through almost everything in the jet.

"If I could...I would" Lawson replied, not looking up from the blueprints.

"It'll fly y'know" Andrew reassured her.

"It should, we've quadruple-checked everything at this point" Lawson sighed and rubbed her forehead. "It just that we've only got these two and...it would be less nerve-racking if it was us flying."

"Trust me" Andrew chuckled. "You don't want me flying this thing" he joked as he thumped the aircraft. He smiled as his mind immediately thought back to Steve crashing one of Hydras bombers into the Valkyrie.

"Are you sure about--"

"Yes, I'm sure" Andrew replied, walking over to Lawson. "C'mon Doc, what's the thing you always tell me?"

"Our work is to end wars...not fight them" Lawson exhaled.

"See? We can't end any war if we don't test the plane!"

"That is true" Lawson smiled. "Fine...go tell 'em."

Andrew silently celebrated as he walked out of the hangar...