CH 2.10 The Pilot

Andrew had been in California for a week and a half now. He sat down on his couch and decided to finally read the debriefing file. He opened the file and smiled when he recognized Peggy's handwriting.

'Alias: Andrew Williamson'

"That's original" Andrew joked to himself. He read on...

'Occupation: Second in command at Project Pegasus and Captain :) in the USAF

Location: Joint Dark Energy Mission Facility and 5584 Toby Street, Rosamond, California'

Next were the blueprints of the house Andrew would be staying in. It showed the entrance, the living room on the right and kitchen on the left, a small dining room next to the kitchen with a door to the garage containing a car, the master bedroom at the back of the house with a connected three-quarter bathroom, the guest bed across the hall, another separate full bathroom down the hall and a spare room that had been turned into an at-home gym across from that. Peggy had said that she'd taken care of everything so Andrew didn't bring any bags, she wasn't lying. The house had everything Andrew needed already in it, including clothes that Peggy had clearly picked out. Andrew reached the end of the file and read the last line.

'Notes: Good luck <3 -Peggy

P.S. Push the back wall of the closet.'

Andrew smiled and walked back to his bedroom to see what Peggy was writing about. He opened the closet and pushed the back wall with a bit of force.

A sensor popped out of the top of the wall. Andrew looked up at the device confused as a blue light scanned his body.

"Identity confirmed...welcome" a robotic voice said as the light turned green and the wall retracted into the floor to reveal stairs going downward.

Andrew walked down the stairs cautiously. He reached the bottom and large overhead lights automatically switched on. Andrew spun around in awe. Peggy had installed a secret Peacekeeper lair for Andrew to operate out of. There was a tech area with three computer monitors and other technology for Andrew to use to track or locate criminals, a training area constructed with super-soldiers in mind, and a glass case with a metallic mannequin displaying Andrew's suit inside.

"I thought I was supposed to be undercover" Andrew said as he looked at his suit. Andrew looked at his watch and saw that it was past seven at night. He decided to try and find some of those friends everyone wanted him to get. "Maybe I'll see you later" Andrew joked to his suit as he walked back up the stairs and the lights turned off. He walked out of the closet and the wall moved back into place. Andrew threw on some clothes Peggy had gotten and left the house, making sure to lock the door. Andrew started walking down the street and saw three people huddled over a crate. He listened in on what they were saying with his enhanced hearing.

"The deal goes down tomorrow night...at the abandoned building three blocks down."

Andrew grinned as he discovered when he was going to put his lair to use. He kept walking until he saw a sign for 'Poncho's Bar'. He met Peggy in a bar...maybe he'd find friends in one.

Andrew walked into the bar and the bartender welcomed him. The bar had a jukebox playing 80s hits that Andrew didn't know, a pool table, several booths, chairs, and other seats.

Andrew sat down at the bar and looked over the wall of liquor behind the bartender. Andrew ordered a simple beer and turned toward the door as someone else entered.

A man with dark brown hair, brown eyes, and a scar over his left eye walked in and took the seat right next to Andrew.

"Hey, Marc...the usual?" The bartender said.