CH 3.1 The Files

"Incoming message, sir."

"Who, Hayley?" Andrew asked after just a day of being home from his dangerous adventure with Marc.

"Moon Knight...it would appear he's trying to contact Peacekeeper."

Andrew walked through the bedroom and past the bed he hadn't slept in since the crash. It didn't feel the same without Carol...he just couldn't do it.

Andrew arrived in the lair and Hayley played the message that had been sent just minutes before.

"I don't know if you're still alive...if you are, meet at the usual spot."

"That's all there is, sir" Hayley explained.

Andrew looked up at the Peacekeeper suit in the glass case.

"What are you going to do...?"

Moon Knight crouched atop his usual meeting rooftop. He'd been waiting for a man he hadn't heard from in over two years. What was he thinking? This was a waste of time. He grumbled and stood up, preparing to jump off the ledge and glide to his next destination. The sound of someone landing behind him stopped Moon Knight in his tracks.

"Where the hell have you been?" he spoke without turning around.

"I figured you had it under control" Peacekeeper replied. "I was right."

"I need your help" Moon Knight admitted slowly, not wanting to show weakness.

"I'm retired. I made a promise."

"You can go right back to your golf and jigsaw puzzles as soon as you help me."

Moon Knight turned around and gingerly held out a file he'd compiled to Peacekeeper. Andrew noticed Moon Knight's apparently injured arm.

Peacekeeper reached out and took the file. Moon Knight noticed a large bandage around his forearm with a small amount of blood trying to sneak through...his brow furrowed under his mask.

"Wh--" Peacekeeper started to say before he noticed blood leaking through Moon Knight's suit around his stomach. Andrew's eyes widened beneath his helmet.

Moon Knight and Peacekeeper quickly whipped their mask and helmet off and spoke in unison.

"Marc?!" "Andrew?!"

Peggy Carter looked up from her computer after hearing a knock on her office door.

"Come in!" She hollered.

The doorknob twisted and Hank Pym walked in.

"Did you ask him?" Hank asked quickly and anxiously.

"Hello to you too" Peggy sighed. "No, I haven't."

"Why not?! You talk every day."

"Not recently" Peggy mumbled.

"What?"

"I haven't had a chance to ask...I don't imagine he'll give the answer you're looking for."

"Why do you say that?" Hank questioned, taking a seat in one of the two chairs in front of Peggy's desk.

"He's...going through a particularly tough time" Peggy sighed, not wanting to give away anything she wasn't supposed to.

"I thought he was beyond happy...what happened?" Hank persisted, now concerned for his friend and the only man he'd let be that close to his wife and feel comfortable.

"There was an accident and we got into...a scuffle of words."

"You two are capable of a scuffle?" Hank chuckled. "I bet it wasn't that bad...in my experience, the fight is always blown out of proportion in your head."