CH 2.14 The Abuse

The sun brightly shining on Andrew's face the next morning caused him to stir. He slowly opened his eyes and saw the Carol had rolled away from him in her sleep. Andrew stretched and winced as his body reminded him he was both stiff and sore from the events of last night. He smirked to himself, not understanding how Carol could make his inhuman body ache. Andrew braved the pain and rolled over to check the time. It was twelve twenty-five. Andrew didn't like sleeping in but he couldn't blame himself or Carol, he wasn't sure what time they'd gone to bed but he knew he'd seen the sunrise before drifting off. Andrew rolled back over to Carol and smiled at her, she was clearly only half asleep.

"Time to get up" Andrew whispered in Carol's ear. He chuckled as she pushed him away with her shoulder. "C'mon, sweetie" he whispered again, this time tenderly kissing Carol's neck.

"Nnooo" she sleepily whined.

"It's late, baby, we slept in" he added as he gently caressed her back.

"We were up late...let me sleep" Carol protested, pressing her face further into her pillow.

"I'll make you whatever you want to eat...if you get up in the next ten seconds" Andrew whispered.

"Alright, I'm up...I'm up" Carol sighed as she rolled onto her back and folded her hands on her forehead. "Andrew?"

"Yes, darling?" Andrew responded rolling onto his back with Carol.

"Why does my everything hurt?"

"I think you know, hun."

"We were that crazy?"

"Sure feels like we were"

"Interesting" Carl yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"I need to run a quick errand before I make you your food" Andrew said rolling over to face Carol.

"No...before you do anything, you're going to give me my goodmorning kiss" Carol ordered.

"It's afternoon" Andrew teased.

Carol stared into Andrew's soul through his eyes.

"Yep, sorry...too early" he said before clearing his throat. "Goodmorning, sweetheart!" He adjusted his statement with a joyful tone ad he leaned down and kissed Carol.

"That's more like it" Carol teased. "I'm going to shower while you're busy" She added. "Because I smell and I don't know if it's your fault or mine."

"Oh, jeez" Andrew cackled. Carol flung the covers off of herself and realized she was naked.

"Do you have clothes on?" She asked Andrew.

"Uh..." He replied as he felt around over the blankets. "No, no I don't."

"At least we're even"

Carol swung her feet over the side of the bed and groaned as she stood up.

"I feel pretty good all things consi-- WOAH!" Carol cut herself off after taking her first step and nearly falling over, luckily she was able to steady herself of the bed.

"Are you alright?" Andrew asked, trying and failing to hold back a laugh.

"Is this funny to you?" Carol asked irritatedly. "I'm glad my suffering is amusing to you...my legs feel like wet lasagna noodles!"

Andrew lost it. He laughed until his sides hurt and Carol couldn't help but join in as she leaned against the bed.

Carol gathered herself and took a few more wobbly steps until she could walk normally.