Chapter 25: The Opera God

(Nerdie's P.O.V.)

"FUURRRY!!! THE HELL BROKE LOOSE!!!"  I dashed into his private office, climbed onto his desk, accidentally spilled his coffee over his pants and screamed this into his ear.

"GET DOWN FROM MY DESK, AGENT N.!"

"Uh, er, sorry..."  I muttered and got back on the ground.

"So, now tell me exactly what caused you spilling hot coffee on my clothes!"

"Oh come on, it's not like the coffee's visible on your black pants, uncle Nick." I replied and put my feet on his desk.

"For you, that's still Director Fury."  He  threatened. "So. What happened?"

"Loki! He's.... behaving... weirdly!"

"What the hell did this m******** demigod do in his m********* container on this m************ ship?!"

"Uh, well, he's.... singing."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sing once again with me, our strange duet.
My power over you grows stronger yet.
And though you turn from me to glance behind,
THE GOD OF MISCHIEF OF THE OPERA IS THERE INSIDE YOUR MIND!"

"See, what did I tell you?"  I said nudging uncle Nick, who stood there with wide eyes... oh, sorry, I mean a wide eye and a raised eyebrow.

"WHY. IS. HE. M*********. SINGING?" 

"Well, yesterday I allowed him to watch The Phantom of the Opera with me, of course INSIDE his container. After the movie I told him that I loved Gerard Butler and how he portrayed the Phantom since he is just a misunderstood and pained soul, not a villain. If at all, then a hot villain. And I said that Gerard has more hotness in the half of his face then Raoul in his entire body...."

"Only the important things, Agent N."

"... since then, he believes every so called 'villain' is in fact a good guy. Consequently, Loki feels like a guy everyone can identify with and thinks that he's the victim. This devotion sadly turned into an obsession and now he thinks he is the 'Opera God' of the Hellicarrier."

"SING MY GODDESS OF MUSIC!"

"Zip it!"  Fury shouted and turned back to me. "And why did 'the hell break loose'?"

"His goat's been eating time bombs and - "

"I thought it was a foal?"

"Well, yeah... it wasn't. The dude who sold them shitted me.... Anyway, it has at least two ticking time bombs inside its stomach and I don't know when they'll explode! Loki could get them out with magic, but he is too busy with being a full tilt diva!"

"Listen well, I will start the evacuation and you will get the Opera God to stop singing and save us. Do you understand?!"

"Yes, uncle Nick!" I shouted and saluted dramatically. He coughed and pierced me with his one eyes. "Um, yes, Sir, Director Fury, Sir!"

"Better."  He replied and left. A few seconds later I heard the alarm going off. Quickly stepping inside the container, I tried to restrain his violently gesturing arms and get him to talk to me.

"Loki, you gotta help!"

"SING MY GODDESS!"

"Da hell? Stop this shit and do one of your tricks to get this goat to spit the bombs out!"

"DARKNESS STIRS AND WAKES IMAGINATION! Silently the senses abandon their defenses...." 

His singing became suddenly gentle and.... overwhelming. His deep voice didn't fail him once and the chills already crept down my spine. He took my warm hand in his cold one and looked me deeply in the eyes.....

"Slowly, gently.... Night unfurls its splendor. Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender. Turn your face away from the garish light of day. Turn your thoughts away from cold unfeeling light.... And listen to the music of the night....."

Ooooh, I was about to drool in pleasure of his angelic voice. But... wasn't he telling me indirectly to stop worrying about his stupid goat that would kill us all and sing with him? His proximity and his voice were making it hard to think....

All of the sudden, he put my hand on his cheek and his other one around my waist. (The pic on the right)

"Floating, falling, sweet intoxication. Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation. Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in...."

"Loki...."  I sighed hardly hearable. "Stop the goat....."

"The power of the music of the night....."

Then it hit me. If Loki wouldn't listen to me when I'm talking, maybe he would respond if I sang... It was the only option left, although it was so embarrassing. But I already knew he adored my voice ;)

So I began.

"Since the moment I first heard you sing, I have needed you with me to serve me, to sing.... For my music.... music.... The goat has two bombs, filled with lethal TNT....."

"Abandon all defenses! You alone can make the bombs take flight...." 

So it was becoming a duet....

"Turn you face away, turn you thoughts away from the music of the night...."

"Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams - "  This time, I didn't let him finish.

"Take your magic, swear to me never to fail! All the spells you know, you're the angel in hell!"

"Why, Nerdellia. Why?"  Loki suddenly shouted and took me by my neck. I knew the end would be too much violence for him to handle.

"Angel of music.... I alone can make your song take flight, so get the hell out of this critter and don't provoke a fight!"  I gasped lacking air.

"I was bound to love you when I heard you sing.... Oh, my dear."  And then, he burst out in tears. "Say you'll share with me one love, one life time.... "

"Share each day with me, each night, each morning....." I went on. "YOU WILL CURSE THE DAY YOU DID NOT DO ALL THAT YOUR MISTRESS ASKED OF YOU!"

That was when he understood. It sunk in that I would come at night with a noose to kill him if he didn't help us. Quickly snapping his fingers with a frightened expression, the goat was away.

"Where is she? Where did you take her?"  I sang on.

"It's over now, the music of the night.... the ticking of the bombs....."

A/N:  I AM A PHANTOM LOVER! ERIK DESTLER, I LOVE YOU!

*cough cough* okay, sorry. I was fangirling. Anyway, I my muse was of course the Opera Ghost today, and I wrote it because I know some of you know the Phantom of the Opera.

I don't own ANY lyrics, some are left original and some where slightly changed so they would fit to the story. Still, don't own anything. All the lyrics  belong to Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Oh, I alsoe enclosed the ENTIRE MOVIE IN HD! TAKE THE TIME TO WATCH IT! IT WILL BE THE BEST YOU WILL EVER SEE AND HEAR!

What do you think? Would Loki be a good Opera God? Please vote and commet!

Woman_Of_Mischief