Chapter 44: A Short Talk with TERM HIDDLERSTERN

(Nerdie's P.O.V.)

"Tom, why?"  I asked and facepalmed at this painful perfection.

"What do you mean, darling?"

"Why are you agreeing to do this bullshit? Aren't you afraid you'll get arrested?" 

"I thought you wanted me to act like Loki so you two can marry and elope."  He replied and ran a hand though his hair.

"TAHM STAHP!" 

"Stop what?"

"Stopping being so perfect! If not for Loki, you would've ruined every other man for me on Earth! You're - You're a life ruiner! Be ashamed of yourself!"

"Ah, that's all they say."  He ehehehe-ed mischievously. "Don't worry, it'll be over after some years - "

"TAHM I LURV CHU!!!   MARRY ME TERM!   OH MA GERD IT'S TERM HIDDLERSTERN!!!"  

This nerving voice of a hysteric thirty-year-old chick interrupted the overwhelming sensation of experiencing Tom You're-Argument-Is-Invalid Hiddleston firsthand.

".... not."   I finished his sentence.

"I love you, too, darling! Be classy, drink tea!"  He shouted back and drew the curtains closed so we could actually have a conversation without stalking eyes on us. 

Don't ask me how I got Tom's address, I just can. Because I can. 

"Okay, back to business."  The Asgardian God of Britishness turned back to me. "I'll do it. Just tell me when and where." 

"I'll text you the information, would that be alright?"

"Ehehe, but darling, you don't have my number."

At that, I closed my eyes and recited his mobile phone number along with the prefix and the country code. Opening them again, I saw a slightly blushing and gorgeous Briton still staring at me. I bet he thought I was crazy, a weird stalker or worse...

But on the other hand, he knew that my heart routed for Loki and that we would never be more than friends. 

"Well, that was fast. And impressive."  He admitted and sat down on an armchair, motioning me to take the one next to him. This dude's house was awesome, all with style and countless awards he had won some time ago.

"Now, my dear, tell me a bit about yourself. You're an actual SHIELD agent, am I right?"

"Of course you are, like always." I giggled like a child and gave him that 'stop it, you...' -face.

"Ehehehe... Hey, you're not filming this, are you?"   He suddenly said and pointed at the camcorder in my hand.

"Uh... No?"

"Then why are you carrying this and pointing it at me?"

"I honestly have no idea what you are talking about."  This usually worked with Loki, so why not with Tom? 

Well, only if you defined 'work out' like 'annoying a person until they throw a fit and try to strangle you to death'.  

"Okaaaay.... Do you expect me to believe you now?"  TAHM asked me, slightly uncomfortable and positively regretting letting me in. I just shrugged at him and waited for the conversation with this Adonis to continue.

"So... Tell me, how did you two get together?" 

"Well..."  I laughed and tried to remember. "It all started with me getting kicked out of school."

"Darling! Why? What happened?"  TAHM questioned with a worried expression and unleashed the great power of his blue eyes at me.

"They said... I was dangerously stupid. Abnormal. A weirdo, you know." 

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. But did your parents not protest?" 

"Protest? Hah!"  I scoffed. "Like they cared. People like you ask for my parents, while my parents are the devils who made me what I am now." 

Suddenly, all of my insanity vanished and the old Nerdellia was left. Hurt.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that my parents were heartless, strict and cold-hearted sickos. They wanted an obedient and submissive daughter, a creature that was was their likeness. Emotionless, hollow, dark. Why do you think I turned out like this? I could only be myself at school. Only there was the place my parents wouldn't see me. Yet, the people there didn't hesitate to punish me as well. 

I got on SHIELD's radar in a bad way. As a kid with behaviourial problems. But my uncle knew about me and decided to offer me a job far away from 'home'. This is my new home, the staff on the Hellicarrier is my new family and I am what I am. I am Nerdie, extrovert, hyper, having a nut loose. 

Loki was the one who was different. He hated me, but hate isn't the opposite of love. To truly hate somebody you have to care for them, so love is everywhere where hate is. The opposite of love is indifference, and Loki showed me anything but indifference.

He showed me anger, insanity, bloodlust... Mischief. And behind all that mischief, I know he loves me.  Don't get me wrong, I also know that Loki's sick. But so am I. 

We're both one and same if you think about it."

"*sniff sniff* That was... so sad."  Tom sobbed and went getting some pudding to console himself.

"That's my story. You ask me why I'm the way I am? I am only what the world has made me."

".... what the world has made us, my dear." I felt his presence in my head, Loki was feeling what I felt.

A/N: THE FEELS !!! :( 

I wasn't actually planning to make this chapter emtional, but it kinda happened. Yeah, you wanted to know something about Nerdie and this is her life story short and compact. 

What do you think? Feedback time!

Please vote and comment,

Woman_Of_Mischief