Chapter 70: That Special Day [Part 1]

(Third Person's P.O.V.)

Well, you'd think it seems like everything's returned to normality now. 

Nerdie and Loki are back at SHIELD HQ, Tony's drinking again or inventing some stuff, the rest of the team is scattered somewhere around the world. True, it was normal...

... well, nearly.

 "Hey, wanna hear a joke?"  Nerdie asked that day flipping through her magazine. Don't ask. 

"No." 

"Okay, here it goes: Two transparent ones meet. One says: 'I have seen through you!' " 

There has never been such a heavy silence in the room where they held Loki captive.

"Embarrassing."   Loki commenting and continued counting the scratches on the ceiling. 

"Oh, oh, oh - wait! Here, this one will knock you off your socks."

"If I only wore any."  Mr. Mischief was definitely not in the mood that day. 

That special day...  That day of days.

"A man arrives at the bakery and orders ten rolls. The baker replies: 'Why not buy nine? You'd have enough money left to buy a tenth one.' " 

*badum tz*

"Wow. You're surpassing yourself again."

"Really?"  Nerdie smiled at him hopefully and naively.

" - with your stupidity." 

;-(

"Y U SO MEAN TO MEH?!"  Were her last words before she stormed off faking sobs and cries and accidentally running into the wall twice before finding the door.

Payback's a bitch. Especially on that special day. 

----------LATER---------

It was all prepared. All ready. All planned. 

That little psycho.

"Yo, Reindeer Games." 

"Stark." 

"Get off your sorry ass and come here!" 

"As you can see, Anthony, I am being held captive. I cannot go anywhere."  Loki replied irritated yet still bored to death.

"You have been held captive for the longest time. Nicky's wife bore a son. He's releasing the prisoners." 

"As if. There's not many people who can lie to me." 

"Like I have nothing better to do. Tzk!"  Tony went off, pushing the big red button on the control panel and leaving the room.

The door to Loki's container slid open with the satisfying sound of freedom - suspicious freedom.

"Fools."  Loki scoffed and, for the first time since his arrest, stepped out of the door alone, by himself, without any witnesses. 

They had replaced his armor a long time ago with something more comfortable since his "inhabitancy" had had no real end. Instead of all the heavy armor and the war boots, there were a green tunic and a pair of comfy trousers hanging loosely on his body along with stylish slippers.

The corridors were quiet. Too quiet. 

The shuffling of his slippers was the only noise, it was like the entirety of SHIELD had decided in favour of a mini-break to the Bahamas. Loki continued walking down the hallways and eventually ended up inside the main control room. No member of SHIELD, no engineers, not even Nicky. It was like the Hellicarrier was flying itself alone. 

Just as Loki was about to search for another proof of foolery [Who did they think he was?], something else caught his attention. It was a note.

"Dear darling. You have challenged me on that special day, the specialest day of all, the day of days, the day of incredible specialitty - "

"Come to the point!"  He hissed with annoyance.

" - Anyway, as I was saying, I love you so much I wanted to spend this day of days with you. 

ALONE - "

"Should I be afraid?"  

"To your right you will see a Nerf Gun. Tony has kindly, let's say, modified it for us. You have twenty different bullets with all kinds of fills. Narcotics, paralysers, electricity - Oh, and my favourite fill which I will not reveal now. I have the same weapon as you.

You are under attack as of now.

Love, Nerdie." 

A/N:  HAHAHA! What do you think the special day is? I'll rather not spoiler anything! 

What do you think of the idea? Feedback, please!

Vote and Comment,

Woman_Of_Mischief