Chapter 57: A Musical Star

A/N: I'm so sorry for the long wait, guys! I've been on vacation for 4 weeks and only returned a few days ago. I had the chance to write two short stories, but I simply didn't find the inspiration for UTGOM. However, I hope this makes up for my long absence :)

(Nerdie's P.O.V.)

"Say, darling... Do you think I could ever become a - how do you call it? Musical star?"

Oh, no

Heck, no.

"Loki.... Do you really think this is relevant right now?"  I asked him and raised my eyebrow. 

"What do you mean by that? I just asked if - "

"Listen, we have other things to worry about besides your musical addiction!" 

Obviously it came across a bit to angry and churning, for he narrowed his eyes. Great, now he knew something was cooking and he wouldn't shut up until he knew what it was. 

Gosh, husbands.

"I do not get what could cause such a disrespectful and infuriated reaction! Nerdellia, do you have, uh... You know, the time of the month?" 

"*gasp*"  I slapped him dramatically. Because I can. "Don't you dare, Loki!"

"Hell, what is wrong with you?!"  He shook me by my shoulders. The once beautifully green eyes of his became kind of... snotty. The kind of green that flows out of ill children's nose when they're four. Ew.

"Nothing's wrong with me, you are wrong! You are the problem!" 

"WHAT?! I just asked if I could ever make it to a musical star and you jumped at me like a Bilgesnipe with spikes and my scepter in the ass!" 

"If must know, here is my answer: No, you can never become a musical star!" 

"WHY?!" 

"BECAUSE!!!"

"YOU WILL *********** TELL ME NOW WHY NOT OR I WILL CALL THAT BASTARD OF DESTINY BACK TO TAKE YOUR ROTTEN SOUL!" 

"SEE?! THAT'S WHY!" 

"I DON'T GET IT!" 

"Loki! This 'bastard of destiny' had style! He was an asshole, yes, but people bought it! You can't pull that, you can't even frighten the fleas in your skirt!"

"I DO HAVE THIS GOD DAMNED STYLE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! I COULD FRY THAT BASTARD TO A CRISP IN TWO SECONDS IF I WANTED WITH MY SWAG!"

"That is a lie!"

"ARE YOU CALLIN' ME A LIAR?!"

"I AIN'T CALLING YOU A TRUTHER!"

"Don't you give me that!"

"Listen, Death was smokin' hot. You are hot, too. But he had, ah... What do intelligent people call it? When people do shit but it comes across cool?" 

"*groan*... Charisma?" 

"Yes, exactly. He had a stage presence, he could have been everything but the people would've bought it gladly. He would've made money if he worked. But you! You have nothing!" 

"Now, that I do not believe. You worship me like no one else, and never - NEVER would you dislike anything I do. What are you real reasons?"

"I - I am telling you the truth!" 

"Then why ain't I seeing a truther in front of me?"  He mimicked me and crossed his arms.

Because you're the biggest friggin' liar alive, that's why you won't attract any honesties.