Chapter 29-Flooding

Last nights fight was still lingering. Tyler and I haven't even crossed paths for a week. Michael isn't fired anymore, originally I thought he was but when I went to therapy he was driving me, so I was excited.

Currently I was on the way to therapy

"Again sorry Michael for getting you in trouble, it won't happen again" I said

"Skylar it isn't your fault, I know the rules when it comes to you and I should have told him" he replied

"Sorry" I mumbled

"It's okay" he replied

I got to the therapy appointment and went upstairs. Dr. Genevieve called me in

"Have you and Tyler talked yet?" She asked

"Nope, I haven't even seen him since we fought" I replied

"He's very hard to reach. I wanted to do family therapy but he hasn't called me back" she said

"I expected that" I replied

We talked for the amount of time we had then I headed home

"Thanks Dr. Genevieve" I said

"I'll see you next time, and I'll call Tyler again" she replied

"There's no point, he won't answer" I said

"I'll keep trying" she replied

I headed to the car and Michael was waiting for me

Michael dropped me home and I went upstairs. I was bored so I grabbed my skateboard and went in the backyard. Once I stepped outside I realized it is way too hot to skateboard and I would clearly burn to death.

I looked at the pool, god I wish I could swim. I dipped my foot it and it was amazing. I would love to swim in it.

I go upstairs and look up tutorials how to swim. I watched couple videos and I realized what I need to do and I should stay in the shallow end.

I grabbed some clothes since I didn't own a swimsuit. I wore some shorts and one of my sports bra. I looked at myself in the mirror, picking at it.

You could see my scars and ribs, it was only scars and ribs.

Maybe it's good I don't know how to swim, it's better because no one has to see anything. I grabbed a random shirt and put it over which covered my stomach. I grabbed a towel and went downstairs. I put my stuff down and I slowly stepped into the pool through the steps. I slowly got to the end of the steps where it was 3 1/2 feet. I was 5'2, I don't know if I'll grow more.

I went underwater and got completely wet. I remember from the video I should practice on starfish. I laid on my back, arms and legs out making sure my head is above the water. I struggled at first but slowly got it. Once I got the hang of it, I tried other things. I started treading water and if anything were to happen I could tread water.

Treading water was a lot harder than I thought. After getting tired I stopped and relaxed for a bit. Lastly I was gonna swim around, doing actual laps but still in the shallow end

I did the ice cream scoop method and the only hard part was breathing, I always came up and stopped swimming which was hard.

I ended up getting tired and hungry but I was happy I was able to tread water and back float, it's a small accomplishment but it was an accomplishment.

I grabbed my towel, drying myself and putting on my slipper before going inside

"Miss Skylar why are you all wet? Are you okay?" Anders asked worriedly