Chapter 72-shots

For the past week, Tyler has been over a lot including every dinner I had at home. He even took me driving around the area, although it did end up with both of us yelling.

"You're getting better at driving, but remember with my car the brakes are very sensitive so slowly ease up on the brakes" Tyler said

"Ok, will I be taking this car to my driving test?" I asked

"Most likely, it's one of my safer cars, plus I doubt you would want to drive an exotic car for your test" he shrugged

"Yeah, I like the car I'm driving right now. Do you drive if often?" I wanted to see if he would give me this car for my birthday

"I used to but ever since I got an upgrade it's just been in the garage. I was planning to sell it" he replied as I nodded my head

"Oh, okay" I nodded as we both got out of the car. "Same time tomorrow?" Tyler asked

"I have my appointment for the steroid shots" I replied

"Well, if you're up for it tomorrow let me know. I can pick you up and we can drive around the dmv" he said opening the door and stepping inside.

"Okay, I'll text you" I took off my shoes. Ash running from wherever he came from and attacked me with kisses. "Hello my little ash" I petted him as I kicked off my shoes. Tyler and I entered the kitchen, finding grandma and grandpa making food.

"Hi parental" Tyler said

"Hello grandparents" I said right after

"How was the driving lesson?" Grandpa asked

"Good, but next time I need to bring a helmet" Tyler laughed

"Hey, I wasn't that bad" I pointed shaking my head.

"We will see with our next lesson if you get any better" He replied. Tyler, my grandparents and I all talked for a while and had dinner as well. Although Tyler has wronged me many times but he has been trying to make up for it. He has been invested in my soccer career and the games I have, taking me driving and helping me with it to make sure I pass my test. He takes me to practice and is even now buddies with some of my teammates dad.

After finishing dinner, I head upstairs and get ready for bed because my appointment is early tomorrow.

"Good night skylar, I'll see you tomorrow for your next driving lesson if you're up for it" Tyler peaked his head in

"Good night, I'll let you know" I replied

"Sweet dreams, love you kid" Tyler was genuine with this. He would say it just to make me feel better with the situation but this time he was very genuine about it, like he actually loves me like a father.

I nodded my head as he closed the door. I finished getting ready and fell asleep.

The next morning I was abruptly awoken by grandpa who has a pan and a wooden spoon and started banging it

"Wakey wakey sunny sky" he said trying out a new nickname. I groaned, hiding under my cover. Why is it so early? "Like the new nickname?"

"No, now let me sleep" I groaned

"You're going to be late, come on grandma is already making breakfast" he ripped the blanket off of me. I adjust my eyes to the blinding light and blindly grab my phone.

7:47am

I haven't been up this early in a bit ever since school ended.

"I'll be done in a bit" I sighed slowly getting up from my bed. I could feel the dizziness from the lack of iron.