Chapter 70-the beach

We finally pulled up the beach, I was excited to hang around with some friends and have fun. I helped unload the car and started setting up the blankets. Once everyone finished setting up, slowly by slowly everyone started wearing their swimwear.

"Are you not gonna go in the ocean?" Anthony asked

"I forgot my swimsuit" I lied. It's not that I haven't been in a swimsuit before, it's just he hasn't seen my scars yet. We were also with a lot of people and I didn't want to show them it either.

"I have an extra one in the car" Ava said making me freeze. I needed another excuse and a good one.

"I'm on my period" I lied again but said it more quietly. Anthony and Ava both nodded, not asking anymore questions. 

Everyone hung around for a bit then headed over to the water. "Can you at least put your toes in?" Anthony asked

"That I can do" i replied cheerfully, getting up and walking with him towards the water. "You better not splash me" I warned

"Can't promise" he grabbed my hand, running into the water. I let out a squeal not realizing how cold the water is. I felt water being kicked at me, getting my tshirt wet

"Anthony" I yelled kicking the water back at him. It turned into a water fight until I ran out of the ocean, my top completely wet. My linen pants were already wet, so I just rolled them up so I didn't drag them through the sand. Once I got back to our spot, I saw no one was nearby so I quickly changed my top and wore Anthony's shirt. Watching all of them play and laugh in the ocean made me jealous. Why couldn't I be so carefree when it came to this?

All of the girls had the perfect body, no scars, no hair nothing. They didn't have to cover up anything, they were able to just do what they want. I rolled up my shirt a bit, looking at my scars

I fucking hate them so much, I wish I could just rip them off so no one would see them. Eventually everyone started making their way back, some people decided to tan while others decided to play beach volleyball. I joined the beach volleyball people.

We played a couple of rounds, I was on ava's team so we obviously won.

"Sky, your phone is ringing" Mary called out. I walked away from Ava and grabbed my phone. It was my grandma texting me

Hello sky, I hope you won't be mad but I arranged Parker our driver to pick you up at 6pm. We are having a family dinner and presence is needed. Love you my little sky-Grandma

Honestly, I would be annoyed that I had to leave early but I don't mind anymore. Seeing everyone with their perfect bodies made me feel like shit for not being like them, I rather be at home with Ash.

"Hey by the way, I am getting picked up at 6" I said to Anthony

"What why?" He whined

"I have a family dinner" I replied

"I'll drop you home" He said

"The driver is picking me up, don't worry" I smiled. He insisted I let him drop me home but I decided against it just because I don't want to ruin the night for him. It was 5:30pm and I started packing my bag so when Parker arrived I was ready. Everyone decided to go back into the ocean one more time before starting the bonfire part. I watched everyone laughing, taking videos for memories. One of the girls, I think her name is Callie was all up on Anthony, grabbing his arm, throwing water at him, pulling him deeper into the water. I heard stories about Anthony and how he was never with just one girl, I was shocked when he wanted to be my boyfriend, more than shocked because he also has never seen anything under my clothes. I question why he chose me, I am nothing like Callie or the other girls he was with. The perfect body, the straight silky hair, the toned stomach, the swimsuit top that fit her perfectly, her thin waist and her long golden legs. I was the opposite of all of that and it isn't fair.