Chapter 77-the cemetery

Today felt like shit and it's only noon. I have no energy to get up and I promised myself I would see her today

My mom

Her death anniversary is the worst day I have to experience, no one should experience it. People have told me that it gets easier but that's a fucking lie. You just have to get through one day at a time because the feeling of losing a parent doesn't go away.

"Skylar" Tyler enters my room as I pull the blanket over my hair. "Hey kiddo it's noon. I know it's a tough day for you but you have to eat" he tried ripping the blanket off but I held onto it tightly

"Leave me alone" I mumbled turning around, my back facing him.

"Sky, please." He begged as I curled up, trying to hide away from him. He let out a sigh as he left my room. Clutching onto my necklace, I let out the muffled sobs that wouldn't go away anytime soon.

Tyler's p.o.v

Skylar won't get out of her bed and I don't know what to do. I know today is hard on her but she shouldn't cry in her room alone. I know this isn't what Lizzie wanted, she wouldn't want to see her daughter in pain.

Pulling out my phone, I called Gio asking him if he could stay with Skylar while I quickly run back to the old house to grab stuff. Gio quickly agreed, speeding over and probably breaking the law

"Where is my niece?" He questioned looking worried as he starts to walk towards her room

"She's in her room, she doesn't want to talk to anyone but she hasn't eaten anything so if you can please bring her the acai bowl I got for her" I blocked him, gently pushing him back. "Also don't try to force her to talk, today is Lizzie's death anniversary."

"Was she not like this last year?" He questioned

"She forgot last year, everything was happening and she was adjusting to living with me. She didn't realize what day it was and forgot. I think this is her way of making up last year" I shrugged trying to think of the answer. Last year was a blur to me so I couldn't really remember if she did have any emotions to it.

"Hopefully I can cheer her up. Uncle gio can do anything" optimism running through him as he smiled. He's not gonna get through Skylar, I don't think anyone can. I said goodbye to him, rushing downstairs and into my car, speeding towards the house. When I got to the house, I started digging through in Lizzie's boxes finding sentimental things that were important in her life. I grabbed one of her stuffed animals, some pictures, and one of her sweatshirts that still smelled like the perfume she wore every single day.

Marc Jacob's daisy dream

Once I finished finding all the things, I repacked the boxes and headed out. On the way home, I grabbed two bouquet of flowers that Lizzie loved that we would keep one at home and one when we go to the cemetery. Once I got home, I see gio in the family room on his phone.

"Did she eat?" I asked

"No, she kicked me out of her room. I think I'm terrified of your daughter" he shudder getting up from the couch.

"Ok, thanks for watching her anyway" I sighed putting the items down.

"I never asked, but are you okay?" He asked as I nodded my head "yeah, just gotta get Skylar to eat" I lied. I was not okay, today is hard on me too but I gotta put on a brave face and let Skylar know I'm here for her. In order for her to be okay, she has to see I'm okay even if it's a facade.

"Ok, keep me updated" he grabbed his keys as I replied to him and waved goodbye. I grab the acai bowl and walk towards Skylar's room, hoping she would finally eat.