Chapter 63-Dates

"Skylar, Serena is here" Dad called out. I got up and started walking down the stairs. As I get to the bottom of the stairs, I turn towards the door where I see a beautiful lady. She is tall, she is maybe 5'9 or 5'10 and she isn't wearing heels. Dad is 6'4 and I'm 5'6 almost 5'7. I used to be short but when I started living here I had another growth spurt which is nice. Her hair is long, almost to her stomach, it is dark brown, similar to mine.

"Skylar, this is Serena. Serena this is Skylar" Dad introduced us

"Hi nice to meet you, I have heard wonderful things about you" Serena said

"It is nice to meet you too" I replied smiling. She seems nice so far, perhaps too nice?

"Dinner is ready" Dad said, we start heading to the dining table where dinner is set up.

"So how did you guys meet?" I asked jumping straight to questions.

"Through work, she works in a different office but had a meeting in mine. One thing led to another and now we are here" Dad said. That's cute, a little office romance.

"Skylar I heard your team won the CIF championship, that's amazing" she said

"Yeah, it was a really hard game but the team pushed through and for it to be my first time playing with the team I was shocked my coach wanted me to play since I was also gone for a while" I replied

"Well you must be amazing then if she wanted you to play. Your dad likes to brag about it a lot" She said

"Hey it's not my fault my daughter is talented" Tyler put his hands up in surrender with a laugh.

"Skylar, did you know that Serena doesn't like tomatoes" Dad said

"Hey, you're making me sound like a child" Serena elbowed him.

"Skylar hates them too, you guys are both children" He laughed as Serena elbows him again

"I'll eat salsa and ketchup but I hate if there's like a slice of tomato in my burger or tomatoes in my salad" She said explaining to which I do the same thing

"I do the same thing, he makes fun of me for it but it just doesn't taste good" I replied

"Thank you, finally someone is on my side!" Serena cheered. Throughout the dinner I got to know Serena and she is actually very nice. Her mom is from south Africa and her dad is from Italy. She was born and raised in and she is only 1 year younger than dad. She is nothing like Tyler's ex and actually cares and indulges in conversation. I could tell dad was happy that we were getting along, I think he was most scared for that.

Dinner went well, Serena had an important meeting tomorrow, so she couldn't stay as long as she wanted to.

"So how do you like Serena?" He asked as I help him clean the table

"She's nice, better than your ex." I replied

"You guys have stuff in common, even when you gang up on me" he chuckled, making me think back to where Serena actually helped me convince dad to get my ears pierced again and to also get my second piercing along with it. Serena also has these cool tattoos she showed me which made me want to get a tattoo even more.

Once we were done cleaning up I went upstairs to change into my pajamas

"Skylar, here" dad said entering my room and handing me a envelope. "It's your debit card, I put some money in it but remember you don't get more allowance until the next month" he said

"Thank you" I replied opening the envelope. He closed my door and I look at my new card. I make an account for my card and see how much money I have in it. I can finally online shop and get some beauty stuff. I changed into pajamas and grabbed my computer to start shopping. As I was scrolling through I found these really cute pink pants that will go great with one of my tops and white cargo pants. I picked out a couple of tops and pants and even bought a pair of shoes along with some makeup products. After ordering the stuff, I watched tv and ended up going to bed early.
—————-