Chapter 84-hospital stay

I've been in and out of the hospital for the past 3 weeks and created a routine. On the weekends I'm mostly cooped up in my room because my dad doesn't want me to go anywhere in case I get sick since my immune system is fucked with cancer. Staying home is getting really boring and there's not much to do when it's just dad and I especially when he still walks on eggshells with me.

Today was one of my good days, I had a bit more energy then normal and I was active unlike other days. Im able to do a lot of my normal activities around the house without any help. I walked out of my shower, pajamas on and I combed my hair looking in the mirror. I've lost a lot of my hair, I once had insanely curly hair to now thinned out hair barely hanging out. I look down to see a chunk of hair in the sink, throwing my comb out of frustration. I used to take pride of my hair even when it was frizzy and knotted, I still loved it.

"Hey what happened?" My dad rushed into my bathroom

"Nothing" I replied trying to leave my bathroom but he stopped me

"Skylar" he said my name again as I groan out of my frustration. "My stupid hair is falling out" I sighed

"Hey you still have plenty of hair left" he replied as he patted my head, some of it falling out as he does that. He tried to hide it but it was easy to notice.

"I'm ordering sushi for dinner, is that fine with you?" He asked changing the subject

"Yeah fine with me" I replied walking out of my bathroom and back to my bed. He walked out of my room as I went back to watching Netflix

An hour later I was called downstairs by my dad. I go downstairs to see all of my uncles here.

"There's my favorite niece" uncle gio opened up his arms as I gave him a hug and we do our handshake.

"Stop hogging my niece" uncle aiden said grabbing me from gio and giving me a hug.

"What are you guys doing here" I questioned sitting on the barstool.

"We are bored and heard we are getting free sushi so why not come over" uncle gio replied sitting on a barstool next to me. Dad handed me my sushi and started eating it as my uncles did too. We talked about a couple of things and ate dinner.

"Hey, when are you going to your barber, I need a trim" uncle gio asked dad as he put some dishes away.

"I don't know, how much should I even cut off?" Dad asked as he takes his hair in his hands and extends it out. "I was thinking this much" he extended all of the hair out, showing how much.

"You're gonna be bald" I laughed imagining him bald.

"I think this is a great length" my dad said as he picks up the scissors near him and cuts his hair. I look at him likes he's crazy for doing that

"I think I'll cut off this much" uncle gio said grabbing the scissors and cutting off his hair. I looked at both of them in shock.

"See I would cut my hair but I already don't have any" uncle aidan said shrugging their shoulder. I continued watching them cut their hair, they are crazy for doing that. At one point dad left the room and brought back a shaver

"I'm going for the buzz cut look" dad said as he gave himself that look, uncle gio doing the same. I'm in shock mostly for uncle gio because he takes pride in his hair, taking care of it more than anything else.

"I rock the buzz cut" my dad said confidently as he looks at himself in the mirror. Uncle gio scoffs at him pushing him to the side to see himself "you wish, I just know the ladies are going to love this" uncle gio brushed his head to get the excess hair off.