Chapter 85-News

I watched my dad reaction seeing he was disappointed. I got out of my bed, taking small steps but not wanting to get help from any nurses. Today was my bad day, one of the worst one I've had. Once I got out of bed, I walked towards the door, using all my strength to slide the door open.

"Skylar you should be in bed" my dad exclaimed grabbing onto me, making it easier to manage my weight.

"Why aren't you telling me the news?" I questioned looking at both of them.

"Skylar, come on let's get you back to bed" my dad suggested as I pushed him away.

"No tell me what you're hiding!" I exclaimed looking back at my dad.

"Okay I'll tell you but please let's go back to the bed, you shouldn't be up" he said helping me back to the bed. Dad looked at Dr. Maia, signaling her to explain.

"Skylar, your most recent scan has shown the cancer has spread, now officially make it stage B. Your body is rejecting the treatment" she stated as I sat there in fear. I know I kept joking about death and how cancer was going to take me but this cancer there's a bigger chance of me dying.

"So what now?" I asked

"There's a clinical trial we are going to get you in. The trial will be more aggressive than now, but you will spend less time in the hospital. Only here for 3 days a week and others you can be home." She replied

"When do we start the clinical trial?" I asked

"I am waiting back for you to be admitted and once you are we will start. I should found out by tomorrow" she replied

"Ok" I sighed. My dad and Dr. Maia walked out, leaving the door slightly open.

"What will her days look like?" My dad asked

"What her bad days look like now will be her good days with the new treatment. The trial is very aggressive but I have hopes this will work. We are fighting an aggressive cancer with a even more aggressive treatment. It won't be easy for her but I recommend hospice when you are at home. Even if she isn't having treatment in person, she is still having a variation of treatment at home. Once I get her into the trial, i will be able to explain it further" she replied telling my dad. I wasn't going to get better, I was going to get worse. I thought my bad days were already bad but they were only going to get worse. If this treatment doesn't work, I don't want to continue doing treatment. I want to live out the rest of my life and have a childhood. I don't want to be stuck here like a guinea pig and do different rounds of treatment.

My dad came back to the room, giving me a weak smile. "You're gonna be okay, this is just a small set back" he said trying to comfort me but hearing those news, nothing can.

"Dad, I need you to listen to me and be open with what I'm going to say" I said not letting him speak. "If this treatment doesn't work, I want to stop forever. I want to live out a normal childhood and however long I have left" I said wiping a couple of stray tears.

"Skylar no, it will work" he replied shaking his head

"Dad, stop. You're not understanding what I'm saying. I heard what the doctor said, my bad days are going to be my good days. You know how it feels to go through my bad days just to find it it's going to be even worse. Dad I don't want to go through that if it doesn't work. I want to be able to see my friends, go to Italy, travel around the world and not be confined to the hospital bed or having an IV attached to me twenty-four seven. So please if this treatment doesn't work let me stop and be a kid again. Would you rather make memories of me being happy or make memories of me barely conscious in this bed because of the treatments?" I asked as I could see him fight himself with what he wants. I was crying at this point, wanting to just be done with cancer.