Chapter 71-I'm not a pessimistic

I didn't want pity from my friends or family. I didn't need them to give me those eyes that scream pity or try to make me feel better. I'm grateful when they do, they think it's best but sometimes I don't want that.

"What do you want to tell me?" Ava asked. I took a deep breath and took off my top.

"I know you've seen the scars and you're curious so I want to tell you what happened" I said

"Sky you don't have to if you don't want to" she shook her head

"No it's okay I want to" I took another deep breath before continuing. "Before I moved here with my dad, I lived in Seattle with my mom and stepdad. When I was 8 my mom died from cancer and I was living with my stepdad afterwards. At first my stepdad never showed signs of abuse, but after my mother's death he became violent. It started with verbal abuse, small shoves here and there but it got worse and eventually leading up to all of these scars. I'm fine now, mentally working on it with my psychiatrist but I can talk about it without tearing up or anything. But that is why I don't wear swimsuits, change in the locker rooms, nothing. I didn't want people staring and I know you won't see me differently." I said watching her face drop but she shrugged it off

"Sky, I'm so sorry you had to-

"No pity, I don't need pity" I cut her off before she gave me 'are you serious look

"Bitch shut up for two seconds so I can finish. As I was saying, I'm sorry you had to go through that, I can't imagine how much pain you had to go through. I would never see you differently because you're my best friend who's a literal goddess and I'm happy you can trust me and tell me what happened. These scars just show how strong you are to me and nothing else. Anyway these scars make you look bad ass like I'm not joking" she laughed at the end, making me feel a lot better.

"Well these bad asses are going away soon, I came from a dermatologist and I'm gonna get them removed" I replied

"What are you planning to do?" She asked. I grabbed my shirt and put it back on and explained to her the different procedures. Ava knows I hate shots so she asked me if she can come for emotional support. I obviously said yes, but warned her about the death grip I will unleash.

"Dude did you see what Anthony did to Callie?" She asked as I gave her a confused look.

"I left early" I replied

"Shit you didn't see it but basically Callie was getting touchy with Anthony and you can clearly tell he was uncomfortable and started walking away but she would follow. Eventually he went towards the deeper part of the ocean and you can't see in the ocean so all of a sudden she face plants into the ocean. It was so funny, god I wish I recorded it" she laughed as I let out a cheeky smile. I didn't have to worry about him and Callie anymore. "And on top of that, I might have shoved her when walking back to get our stuff" she smiled making me look at her shocked.

"Thank you for doing that" I hugged her, really hugged her tight for everything. I was not gonna break down in her arm but if I needed to I could.

"Now, let's raid my kitchen for food" she cheered, grabbing my hand and rushing me towards the kitchen.

I had to tell one more person, and Anthony's reaction I was scared of. He's been with perfect picture girls and I'm scared once he sees I'm not that he'll run back to those girls.

The rest of the day I spent with Ava and eventually left late at night. When I got home, I told grandma the plan and took the dog out and headed to bed.

The next morning, I get up and do my routine and see a text from Tyler.

Hey, I got the papers for your procedure. I think that the option you pick is the best. I don't want you to go under surgery again. I know you're still mad at me and I shouldn't ask but I would love to hear about some updates and if the procedures are working. Love you