14

Song Recommendation:
Grateful - Mahalia
-------------------------------------

It was the Friday of that week. The following week would be busy. On Tuesday, the boys did their dance assignment, among others, and in a week's time exams would begin. But the boys also had a busy personal life.

Hoseok couldn't control his actions anymore. He missed Yoongi and seeing Taehyung gloat made him angry. This led us to here. Hoseok was catching up with Yoongi as the latter was walking home after school.

"Yoongi!" Hoseok called out, making the other turn around confused.

"Why are you following me home?" Yoongi asked as he stopped on the sidewalk.

"I wanted to talk," Hoseok said as he stopped in front of Yoongi.

"About what?"

Hoseok was a very straight forward person so he didn't hesitate from telling the truth and cutting straight to the chase.

"Why didn't you tell me you had feelings for me?" Hoseok asked, making Yoongi purse his lips, unable to speak.

"Why do you suddenly ask?" Yoongi said instead.

"Answer my question, Yoongi," Hoseok said, sounding desperate and the truth is that maybe he was desperate. Yoongi meant everything to him, he was just in denial when it came to figuring out his feelings. He should've acknowledged them sooner because he hates seeing Yoongi with someone else, even if Taehyung is his friend now.

"Hobi, you told me you're straight. Even though none of us believed you, you believed you. How do you tell someone they're not straight? And moreover, how do you tell your supposed straight best friend that you're falling for them? I saved myself the heartbreak," Yoongi said.

"But you could've told me. We could've figured something out," Hoseok said, suddenly grabbing Yoongi's arm, feeling the need to touch him. He missed him.

"You needed to figure yourself out, Hobi. Nothing I said could've helped. You needed to figure out on your own whether you were into me or not," Yoongi said, not escaping Hoseok's grip.

"But I am into you," Hoseok pleaded, making Yoongi feel bad.

"It's too late, Hobi," Yoongi said with a frown. Hoseok pulled his hand away from Yoongi's arm.

"What?"

"I like Tae now. He... He makes me happy, Hobi. I've liked him for the past month," Yoongi said.

"But what about me?" Hoseok creased his eyebrows.

"I lost my feelings for you when you started flirting with everyone and having casual relationships. It hurt me so I had to let go," Yoongi said and Hoseok felt his heart get heavy. He didn't know that he really did end up hurting Yoongi, like Jimin said he would if he flirted with him. However, he ended up hurting him long before Jimin could say anything. And now, Hoseok has no chance.

"You should've told me," Hoseok said with a sad voice, almost as if he was ready to cry any second.

"I didn't know how you felt. Maybe I should've told you, but it's too late now. I think Taehyung wants me to be his boyfriend and I'm gonna say yes... So please don't try to ruin it for me," Yoongi said with glossy eyes before turning around and walking away to his house. It hurt him to break his best friend's heart but he had to. He genuinely liked Taehyung. It took them both some time to realize but Taehyung knew his feelings from the start. He wasn't confused like Hoseok was and it wouldn't be fair to give him a chance before he gave Taehyung. It's like first come first served. Yoongi had no idea Hoseok was attracted to him so he couldn't do anything and now it's too late. Yoongi successfully got rid of his feelings for Hoseok. He wasn't pining over Hoseok anymore. He longed for Taehyung only. His guilt ate him up but he couldn't go back on his words just because Hoseok suddenly liked him. He loved Hoseok as a best friend, but Yoongi wants to date Taehyung. Yoongi knew at this moment that he was going to end up in a shitty position stuck between his best friend and the boy he likes.