33

Song Recommendation:
Scared to be Lonely - Martin Garrix, Dua Lipa
------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin and Jungkook stood in front of the full body mirror in Jimin's room to assess their appearance before the welcome home party that was in an hour's time. Jimin wore a pair of jeans and a light blue silk dress shirt, that fell onto his frame perfectly, exposing his defined collarbones and a small part of his chest. Jungkook, on the other hand, wore a dark blue turtleneck to cover himself fully. He still felt slightly paranoid knowing his uncle would be there so he covered fully, leaving no room for anyone to sexualize him in any way. 

"Baby, I still think you should wear something more conservative," Jungkook mumbled as they fixed their appearance. 

"Jungkook, listen to yourself. You're paranoid, my prince. We're going to be surrounded by guests and I'll never leave your side tonight. Are you going to let him touch me in front of you?" Jimin asked as he stopped fixing his appearance and looked at Jungkook.

"Over my dead body," Jungkook said. 

"Then trust me, I won't let anything happen to you either. Just because we dress more conservatively, doesn't mean he's going to stop being a pervert. It's not you who's at fault by dressing how you want; it's his fault for being so sick in the head," Jimin leaned forward and pressed a kiss on Jungkook's lips. 

"You're right... You shouldn't have to dress differently just because of him. He needs to go to jail for being a rapist," Jungkook sighed. 

"Have you... ever thought of pressing charges?" Jimin questioned his boyfriend carefully. 

"I... I couldn't. He's family and no one would believe me if I said he raped me, Jimin..." Jungkook said as Jimin looked at him with worry. 

"But there's a way you could press charges. Maybe-" 

"Baby, I know you're looking out for me but this was three years ago. There's no point in bringing it up. And after he did what he did to me, he ended up moving to Japan with his wife so there was no chance of me pressing charges. It's over now and I won't be able to handle it mentally if I have to press charges now. It's humiliating," Jungkook started to tear up but Jimin caressed his cheek to calm him down. 

"I get it, my prince. I understand and I was just trying to find a way to help you out but if you feel that we can help you without involving the police, then I guess I'll stick with your decision whether I agree fully, or not," Jimin said as Jungkook turned his head to press a kiss on Jimin's palm. 

Both boys were scared for many reasons. Jimin was scared for Jungkook. He didn't like knowing his boyfriend was feeling unsafe and the parental instincts that Jimin had made him want to protect Jungkook in any way that he could. Jungkook was scared for many reasons. He hated his uncle with a passion, and he felt scared knowing he was going to see him again. That fear he had as a child hearing that his uncle was coming to visit resurfaced, and this time it was more. He didn't just fear for himself. He feared for Jimin too. Deep down, he wouldn't let his uncle do anything to Jimin. Jungkook was a victim but he was over it; he just didn't want anything to threaten Jimin's safety. If Jungkook would have to stand up to his parents or his uncle to make sure Jimin was okay, then so be it. 

Later on that evening, Jungkook held Jimin's hand tightly as he approached the front door of what he used to call home. The front yard had multiple cars parked around, showing how many people were already present. Both boys paused at the front door, Jungkook turning his head to glance at his silver haired, beautiful boyfriend. 

"We can do this," Jimin smiled brightly, as he squeezed Jungkook's hand in his. A moment later, Jungkook knocked on the door as they waited patiently for someone to answer. Sure, Jungkook could just walk in, but they were guests tonight as well, so they waited for the door to be answered.