Part 13

Her last Free Practice on Saturday ended with a P8 again, as she somehow managed to control her thoughts and focus on racing. It was hard, but she did it. Also because she wanted to show her dad, how she was doing in F1. "Good job today, your farther must be proud" Y/n looked up from her phone and was met with Charles' soft eyes. He was once again standing by her door to her driver room. 

"Yeah I sure hope he is, and thank you" she gave him a careful smile. She was racing Charles in F2 the year he lost his farther, it really broke him, and she felt so bad for him. She couldn't imagine loosing your father in such a young age. "You okay?" she asked him as he had been starring blankly into the air for a few seconds. "Yeah I'm- I'm fine" she raised an eyebrow at him and narrowed her eyes. 

"You know, I can tell when you're lying as well. Sit" she patted the spot next to her on her couch. He hesitated for a moment before sitting down. "Wanna talk about it?" he looked at her for a moment. "Should I even be taking advices from my rival?" he smirked. She rolled her eyes and gave him a little punch. And then Charles returned to his seriousness. 

"Nah it's okay, let's just get ready for quali" he said deciding not to say anything. "Alright" she respected his decision and they got ready for quali. 

"Alright let's see some pace out here today, Y/n. Everything looks good so far, so let's keep pushing" Riccardo spoke on her radio. She took a deep breath putting her game face on. She was ready to battle. The car felt pretty good today, and she got to show of some pretty impressive moves. "Yes, great job Y/n. Q3 is on, let's show them."

She had moved to Q3 and was ready for a fight. The presence of her dad, and the fact that she at least still had her friendship with Charles really motivated her to do good. And she felt like she was driving better than ever right now. "That's P7, Y/n! P7 great job" she screamed out of happiness. "HELL YEAH LET'S GOOO" she said with much joy. Her best qualification in F1 so far. 

When her dad embraced her, she couldn't stop smiling. "I'm so proud of you honey, well done!" Charles finished P6 and they too shared a big hug feeling the camera on them. It seemed like hugging was becoming a bit of a habit for the pair. And though she had tried to avoid her friends, they all came over and congratulated her, and they actually had a normal conversation which meant she didn't have to lie to them. For now at least. But she was happy. 

liked by maxverstappen1, landonorris and 783

liked by maxverstappen1, landonorris and 783.294 others

@y/n.official well this pic pretty much shows that I am better than you @charles_leclerc 😝😝😝 Also I qualified P7 so that's pretty cool! 🙌

charles_leclerc hey you forced me! Not cool 😯
--> y/n.official crybaby 
--> danielricciardo she just ended your whole career 😂
--> username Ship

landonorris hahahaha the rivalry continues...
--> charles_leclerc just wait 'til I beat her on track
--> y/n.official keep dreaming 

username this is so funny

maxverstappen1 Charles getting bullied by Y/n is the funniest thing to me
--> charles_leclerc seriously, mate?
--> y/n.official hahahaha thank you Max
--> danielricciardo but you don't like it when I bully you?
--> maxverstappen1 No 💖

scuderiaferrari 😂😂
--> username even Ferrari agrees
--> ❤ y/n.official liked your comment

________________________

"Y/n can I have a word with you?" Y/n was a bit confused to why Tabatha sounded so serious, but she followed her to a quite room. "So, I've noticed a lot of comments on our videos and posts about you and Charles. A lot of them are shipping you as a couple or already think you're dating. Now I'm not accusing you of anything, but are you dating?" she almost choked on air. Oh no. "No of course not. We're just teammates, nothing else"

"Good. I trust you Y/n. You know the work policy, it's for your own good" Y/n felt like a horrible person lying to her. Technically she wasn't lying because they weren't dating at all, but they did sleep together and made out and that against the work policy big time. 

But by the time she sat behind the wheel for the Sunday Race, she pushed aside the negative comments and focused on the race. She was told before the race that the strategy was to get Charles to overtake as many people as he could while Y/n was gonna defend her position until Charles was at least one car ahead to try and secure the double points. 

"And it's light out and away we go for the second time in Austria this season. Hamilton and Verstappen battle it out in the first corner, but Lewis takes the lead. And we see Albon, Gasly and Norris fighting to overtake while the two Ferrari drivers and closing in on them."

 "Defense position, Y/n. Behind you Ricciardo 6.7 seconds away" she snuck around the corner trying to hold off Daniel who was closing in on her. Charles had overtaken Pierre and it was now her time to overtake Pierre as well trying to move up. 

"16 more laps to go, keep pushing Y/n." both Charles and Y/n had been in the same position the whole Race so far. It was a big job to keep Daniel away and trying to overtake Pierre. Y/n was getting more and more exhausted from holding her position, but she was almost done. Almost done come on. 

"And as she spots the checkered flag, Y/n Y/l/n takes home P7 with her teammate in P5. Another double points for Ferrari. What a race!"

The feeling was electric when she crossed the finish line knowing she did the best she could and managed to get good points. Once again her father hugged her with much joy, and it had truly been amazing to have him around. 

And of course it was weird saying goodbye to him again, when he had to take a plane back home to get ready for another business trip. But without him at the race, she probably wouldn't have scored those points. And once again those interviews after the race weren't so bad.

A/N I hope you like it so far <3