Part 66

"Finally" Charles smiled and pulled Y/n into his arms pulling her as close as possible. She didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around him and instantly relaxed at the warm familiar touch of her boyfriend. "I know" she whispered while resting her head on his shoulder before they eventually pulled apart from the hug. 

Charles was still limping around the house, and if he had to go longer distances, he had some crutches with him. But he was improving a lot. Most of his visible wounds were almost healed, and his ribs weren't as sore anymore. He still couldn't do anything crazy like running or stuff, but he was getting there. 

He stroke a piece of her hair behind her ear and just looked at her, admiring her beautiful features. Y/n had always been beautiful to Charles. When they were kids, all the boys thought she was pretty, but of course they didn't really understand what it was back then. But as they got older, Charles still thought she was pretty. Obviously he never said that because of their rivalry, but he always thought she was pretty. And now, now he thought that she was the most beautiful human to ever walk this Earth. 

"What?" Y/n giggled as Charles was just starring at her with a smile. "I'm just admiring my beautiful girlfriend and thinking about how lucky I am" he smirked and Y/n playfully rolled her eyes before leaning in and pressing her lips against his. 

"Let's go watch a movie" she whispered in his ear sending shivers down his spine before she grabbed his hand and they walked into the living room. 

--

Despite the pair only having Monday and Tuesday to themselves in Monaco, they had both been enjoying themselves quite a lot, and Y/n was actually looking forward to the last race in Abu Dhabi. Probably also because Charles would attend the race as well watching it all from the garage.

And so they were both on their way to Abu Dhabi right now. Since they both lived in Monaco, and Y/n had talked to Binotto about wanting to keep an eye on Charles (She obviously just said that they were friends), it didn't seem suspicious that they arrived together in Abu Dhabi many hours later on a late Wednesday afternoon. 

They both really wanted to be able to hold each others hands and kiss each other, but had to control themselves in public just a little while longer. They arrived with the team at the hotel and everyone was pleased to see Charles again and on his own two feet along with his crutches of course. 

"It feels good to be back, Peter" Charles answered Y/n's trainer, who had engaged a conversation between the three of them. "Well, I can assure you that the whole team has been missing you" he smiled. "I'm glad, I can't wait to get back in the car. I miss it quite a lot" he chuckled along with Peter and Y/n. 

Soon the whole team was checked in at the hotel, and Charles had a room next to Y/n. Of course Y/n snuck into his room after dinner and they watched a movie together before just cuddling up on the bed where after they both fell asleep feeling exhausted on top of the flight. 

liked by y/n

liked by y/n.official, pierregasly, landonorris and 995.859 others

@charles_leclerc Feels good to be pack in the paddock although I'm not racing 🙏 I'm excited to watch the team race for the last time this season and hopefully we'll bring home the last couple of points! Thank you to everyone for the kind messages over the last few weeks, and thank you @y/n.official for taking care of me (btw I had to post this picture hehe) 💖🙌

y/n.official We look cool here 😎
--> charles_leclerc yes we do 😎
--> user1 Still ship
--> user2 they just fit together so well
--> user3 and she even took care of him when he woke up - wife material 
--> user4 y'all calm down lmao

pierregasly So glad to have you back, mate 💙💙💖💖
--> charles_leclerc I miss you a bit too much, mate <3

landonorris We missed you!!
--> charles_leclerc miss you too 

maxverstappen1 Good to see you up again 😁
--> charles_leclerc feels good to be walking again 😉

lewishamilton 💪💪

-- 

It was weird for Charles to sit in the garage in his normal clothes while waiting for FP1. Not a spot he was usual sitting in and he kept looking at the cars dreaming of driving in them hopefully very soon. 

But a part of him was also excited. He had never watched an F1 race from the garage like this where he wasn't the one racing, and he was excited to watch Y/n and the team hopefully doing well. 

Ferrari was currently P3 in the constructers ship, and if they scored just 10 points this weekend, they would win the midfield battle for P3. So of course the nerves were high as well, and it was visible amongst the team members. But Charles did his best to help. 

Even though he couldn't do much, he kept the mechanics company when they had nothing to do, and he talked with Peter and Riccardo a lot trying to help them in any way possible. And it made him feel good. A lot. It was exciting and he felt like he was still a part of the team despite not being able to do much else. Now all that was left, was the racing. 

A/N sorry for a short chapter again, but we are almost done :-(