Part 42

Y/n had yet to process what she and the rest of the team had just done. It wasn't until she parked her car by the 2nd sign that she actually realized that she came 2 out of 20. "Holy shit" she whispered, her radio being turned off now. Thank God for her helmet because she was smiling widely looking at Charles who were hugging the entire team. Then he turned around and noticed her coming his way, and under his helmet he smiled too. And without even thinking, they ran towards each other and Charles picked her up from the ground spinning her around in his arms a few times as both of them laughed. 

"We did it! Holy shit we did it!" he yelled before putting her down again. "I know it's incredible!" she yelled back and both drivers ran back to hug their team again. After they finally stopped hugging everyone, Lewis came over to Y/n. "That was a great driving, Y/n. You you really deserve your seat" everyone had finally taken their helmets off, and Y/n could see his smile. "Thank you so much, Lewis" she returned his smile and gave him a fist bumb. 

Just before the three of them were about to go to the podium, Y/n was attacked by three sweaty guys hugging her tightly. "P2! You got P2" George shouted and was joined by Lando and Alex. All four of them cracked up laughing, and Y/n was almost about to cry. "I love you guys" she said hugging them all one more time before getting on the podium. 

The whole time she was standing on the podium, she kept looking over at Charles and they made eye contact and smiled and laughed, and when she got her trophy, she was so overwhelmed. The three drivers picked up the champagne and dumped it all over each other and themselves and their teams before cheering at each other as they all took a big slurp from it. 

"Now Y/n, first of all congratulations. And tell us, how do you feel right now?" the reporter said and for once Y/n was in a good mood to answer questions. "I feel amazing. The whole weekend we had had serious pace, and then I had a shitty qualifying yesterday, and it's safe to say that my mood wasn't the best. But I still had hope, and that's probably what got me through the race" she smiled. "And what about Charles? how does it feel to you that he won and you got to share a podium together?" she really had to stop herself from blushing at the mention of his name.

 "Well it was perfect. I'm so proud of him, and he deserves it. And I'm more than happy to share a podium with him. And for the team as well" she answered. "So you and Charles get along pretty well now - considering your history?" the reporter asked with a sneaky grin. Y/n sighed a bit. "Yeah we do get along well now. Our rivalry was from our childhood, and we've both learned to motivate each other instead, and we've turned out pretty good now." thankfully Tabatha pulled her out of the interview, and after doing a few more she met up with Charles to go back to the garage.

When both drivers returned to their garage everyone started cheering again. Mr. Binotto even came over and hugged them both. "That was absolutely the most incredible driving from both of you, well done. I think this calls for a celebration tonight" and once again everyone cheered. After Y/n and Charles had talked a bit to everyone, they both went upstairs to get out of their racing suits. But first they snuck into Charles' driver's room and locked the door. 

"I can't believe you won and I got P2! This is like a dream coming true" she smiled as Charles got closer to her. She was leaning against the door, and Charles wrapped his arms around her waist. "And the best thing was sharing that podium with you" he said in between kisses. She giggled before deciding to close the gab between and their lips collided full of passion and love. They melted into each other with their bodies pressed against each other. But eventually they had to break apart to catch their breaths. 

"We should probably get dressed and go back to the hotel" she said though she really wanted to stay  in his touch for a little longer. But she knew that people might get suspicious, if they didn't return to the hotel soon. So they kissed one last time before Y/n snuck back into her own driver's room, and both drivers got dressed into some normal clothes. 

The whole team met again back at the hotel, and the great mood was far from over. Everyone was still cheering for their drivers, and it was an amazing feeling. Everyone agreed to meet at this bar/restaurant thing in two hours for some team dinner and drinks. Y/n was looking forward to a party and to the fact that it was now the summer break. Three weeks to relax and enjoy life. In two days Y/n would be off to Hawaii for a week. And the last days of the holiday, her, Charles, Alex, George and Lando would all hang out together. It sounded perfect. 

liked by georgerussel63, charles_leclerc and 1

liked by georgerussel63, charles_leclerc and 1.258.925 others 

@y/n.official P2!! Can't believe I was lucky enough to get this podium today 🙌 I couldn't have done it without this amazing team, and @landonorris who spoke some wise words to me yesterday 🤍 And of course congratulations @charles_leclerc - I'm so happy to share that podium with you today, and you deserved that win 100%. I guess you aren't such a bad teammate after all 🤗😎 

Comments

alex_albon BESTIE YOU DID IT!!
--> y/n.official I DID IT!!
--> user1 this is pure friendship <3 <3

landonorris I'm glad, I could help 🙏 you deserve it
--> y/n.official 💙💙
--> user2 I kinda ship ngl
--> user 3 me too, but also her and Charles would be cute as hell tho
--> user4 y'all leave her alone

charles_leclerc Today was special 💖
--> y/n.official I'm not even mad that you beat me ;-P Today really was special
--> user5 cute
--> user6 hahahahahaha love this 

maxverstappen1 Congrats 😎 Well deserved
--> y/n.official thank youuu

danielricciardo Make it a win next time, right? 😏
--> y/n.official Deal... then you can taste some of my champagne
--> danilericciardo hahahaha

lewishamilton Great drive!
--> y/n.official thank you so much, Lewis <3

georgerussel63 Queen!!
--> y/n.official love ya bro<3
--> user7 I want a friendship like this
--> user8 me too
--> user9 this is cute tbh