Part 21

Y/n was very much ready for the race, as she was in her driver room getting dressed into her racing suit. Seeing Charles and Charlotte being like together as a couple made her blood boil, but instead of going insane like she would usually do, she tried channeling her anger into adrenaline and focus on the race. So far it worked with qualifying, now she was waiting for the race. 

"And it's lights out and away we go, and it looks like Leclerc is having a great start already overtaking Bottas into turn 1 giving him P3 while Hamilton and Verstappen battle it out in front of them. A little further down we see Gasly, Bottas, Albon and Y/l/n really going at it at each other. And would you look at that driving as Y/n managed to get pass Gasly moving up to P6"

The only thing going through her mind right now was rage, and she was gonna use that rage for something good. This, this was gonna be her race. No matter fucking what. A part of her wanted to scream, but instead she took a deep breath and focused on her next target, Alex. "Alright good job, Y/n. Watch turn 7, Hamilton's wheel just locked" Riccardo said. "Copy that, getting ready to attack Alex" she said tightening her grib around the steering wheel changing gears. 

"And it looks like we're gonna see quite the battle between Albon and Y/l/n as she goes to attack him on the inside. And oh she is being forced to have two wheels on the grass, but managed to recover for another strike. Let's see if Albon can still defend himself. Y/n goes for the inside just a few seconds earlier this time pushing Albon to the side and... and she get's past! What an outstanding move!"

"P5, Y/n. Keep pushing and you might be on the podium today" that was her ultimate goal. To show everyone and very much herself included that she deserves to be on that podium. With only 20 laps to go she had overtaken Bottas and was now P4, ahead of Charles. For a moment she wanted to just stop the race now because Charles deserved a podium too, but this time, it was her turn. 

"I'm gonna overtake Charles... don't stop me" she didn't wait for Riccardo to tell her anything else before beginning to close the gab to her teammate. "Alright... go for it, but don't hit him" you could hear that Riccardo had really been hesitating on that answer, but she still didn't care. She had been saving some energy, and with only 10 laps to go, she was ready to attack. 

At first she attacked on the outside. It seem to startle Charles a bit, but he managed to keep her away. But she wasn't giving up just yet. She kept driving closer and closer until she was almost touching his car. It made him unsecure, and she was able to attack again. This time she went for the inside. She wondered what Charles was thinking at the time, but when she finally got pass him, she was filled with joy. 

"And that is the female Ferrari driver overtaking her teammate, and is she able to keep that position on the last lap? Yes she is. A swarm of red is cheering as their newest driver crosses the line P3 with her teammate P4. What a race everybody!" 

"FUCK YEEEES WOHOOOO LET'S FUCKING GO BOYS!!" she couldn't believe what she had just been able to do, but this was the best feeling ever. When she parked her car by the '3rd' sign, she quickly got out of the car, and ran towards her team who embraced her with much joy. After finally pulling away she went over and congratulated Max and Lewis and they all made their way to the podium. 

"And now it's time for champagne" the joy, Y/n was feeling right now was overwhelming. Her first ever F1 podium, and even while she was driving for Ferrari. This was truly a dream come true. She looked over the crowd to spray the champagne at her team and especially Charles, but she couldn't spot him in the crowd. She shook her head and just continued to spray with much joy. After taking pictures and doing interviews she was finally back in her driver room. 

She still had some champagne left and decided to go to Charles' driver room. "Hey Charles I have some ex- hey are you alright?" she saw Charles sitting in a chair with a sad look on his face. He looked up and starred for a few seconds. "I'm fine" but it was clear to her that he was far away from fine. "Are you sure? You can tell me I-"

"I said I'm fine!" he snapped at her causing her to flinch. She hadn't seen Charles pissed like this before. Charles felt bad for snapping at her, but it was too late. "Geez alright sorry, I just wanted to know if you would like to drink the rest of my champagne with me, but uh forget that" she was about to walk out, when he mumbled something: "Yeah... your champagne" he said putting pressure on 'your'. His voice filled with sarcasm. 

"Is that was this is about? You're mad I overtook you?" she said almost laughing. "I'm sorry, did I say something funny" his eyes fixed at her with anger. "Yeah actually you did, because I overtook you fare and square, and I really didn't know you were such a sore looser." she was honestly disappointed in him. "I'M a sore looser? That podium was mine! I've worked so hard, trying to be a good teammate and get good results. And we agreed on the strategy that I was gonna go for the podium"

"Are you kidding me? You're obviously the 'number one driver', but I saw a great opportunity as a driver for my career. This was my first F1 podium, and it meant a lot to me, and you still finished P4. I seriously don't understand you right now." the anger inside her was building up. "Whatever. I have a date anyway, so I'll see you later" he said in a cold tone pushing his shoulder against her as he walks past her. 

"Fine, fuck of then! Who cares? Don't think for once that I actually want you as my teammate" she slammed the door in his face and was starring blankly at the wall for a few moments, before she couldn't take it anymore. She was sliding down the door, now sitting on the floor with her head in her hands and tears streaming down her cheeks letting out small sobs trying not to cry out loud. 

Charles was on the verge of tears as well, but quickly left the motorhome, not wanting to talk to anyone right now. He had been acting like such a jerk, and it just all escalated. He walked back to the hotel meanwhile Y/n was still sitting on the floor silently crying. No way they would ever be friends again... all because of a podium. It was so stupid, she thought. 

A/N had to make some drama y'all tihi. anyway I hope you like it