Part 45

They had now enjoyed their stay at the beach house for 5 days, and it had been absolute paradise. Yesterday they went swimming in the beautiful ocean and also went for a nice walk in the beautiful nature before going on a little run as well seeing as they still had to train once in a while. And Peter had been sending her training programs. The day before they went to explore the city and even bought matching beanies because Y/n thought it was too cute not to. Every night they ate out at restaurant and dressed up, and every night they watched a movie and cuddled before bed. Simply perfect. 

Of course they made sure to still me kinda undercover, but so far it was going well, and no pictures had showed up, nor people who recognized them. So far they were safe. This morning Y/n woke up to the sun hitting her face. She groaned and rolled over, but instead of finding her boyfriend, the bed was empty. She opened her eyes and saw that the room was empty.  She looked confused around before getting out of bed. 

She changed into a green cute crop top and a black pair of shorts before throwing her hair in a messy bun. She left the bedroom when suddenly she smelled food. As she entered the kitchen, she bit her lip and smiled at the sight of Charles only wearing a pair of shorts while making breakfast. Soon he noticed her starring and smiled. She approached him and gave him a quick kiss. "Morning love" he whispered with a raspy morning voice that made her slightly shiver. "Morning, babe. What are you making?" she asked and looked at the food.

"Just some of our favorite breakfasts" he said and kissed her again. A few moments later they were enjoying some great breakfast outside on the porch while just chatting. "So, what should we do today?" she asked as they had just finished their breakfast. "Hm... I don't know, is there something you would like to do?" she thought for a while, but couldn't really think of anything. "I don't really know, we could have a picnic at the beach or something?" 

"Yeah that sounds amazing" he smiled. They only had two more days before going back home, so they really wanted to enjoy it. After cleaning up from the breakfast, they both got ready. Y/n changed into a cute red summer dress with summer heels and a big hat. Charles wore a pair of shorts and a blue t-shirt and some sandals. Y/n was still in the bathroom putting on some light make-up and doing her hair, and therefor she didn't hear he phone ringing in the other room. 

"Love, you're phone is ringing?" Charles shouted from the kitchen, where her phone was ringing from. "Can you pick up for me, I'm not ready yet?" Y/n shouted back as she was in the middle of doing her mascara. Charles grabbed her phone and pressed the green button. "Hello?" he said. "Charles? What are you doing with Y/N's phone?" Charles immediately froze at the sound of Tabatha's  voice through the phone. How the hell would he hide it now? "Uh, she uh just-" but he was cut off by Tabatha. 

"You still haven't done it yet? You know, I can't cover for you" Charles now had a confused expression on his face. "Done what? What do you mean?" He asked, as he literally had no idea what she was talking about. "About the conversation a week ago? You guys aren't suppose to be together right now!" You could hear the frustration in her voice, but Charles still didn't understand anything. "What conversation? Tabatha what are you talking about?" Tabatha sighed. "She seriously hasn't told you yet? She was suppose to break up with you long ago, but now I gotta make sure that no one finds out. Please tell her I called, and please fix this thank you" and with those words she hung up.

When Y/n around 20 seconds after the call ended, returned to the kitchen, she found Charles with a blank expression on his face. He was still holding her phone as he just starred into the air. "Babe are you ready?" but she got no answer. Instead he just met her eyes, but his blank expression didn't change. "Charles? Are you okay?" silence filled the room, and Y/n was getting worried. She walked towards him and reached out for his hand, but he pulled away. "What's wrong?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" finally he spoke up, but it still left her being confused. "Tell you what?" she said as they starred at each other. "Tabatha called" as soon as he said those two words, Y/n knew what he was talking about. And from the expression on Charles face, he knew that she knew what he meant. "Charles I-" "- when did you plan on breaking up with me, and why the hell did I learn that over a phone call that wasn't even mine?!" she couldn't blame him. It kinda was her own fault because she was suppose to tell him straight away after her conversation with Tabatha. 

"Charles I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you, but I just didn't wanna ruin anything" her voice began to slightly shake, and Charles quickly stood up clearly angry. "So you thought you'd just wait to break up with me until after this vacation?" he too had a sad expression on his face, but he looked too angry at the moment for the sad side to shine through. "What no! I don't want to break up with you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, but I just don't know what to do" the last part she said more softly as she was fighting the tears that built up in her eyes. 

"Well for starters... you shouldn't have lied to me, kept it from me." he was slightly raising his voice which was breaking her heart. "I know that! But it's not exactly something that's easy to tell someone. And I don't wanna break up with you, but what the hell are we supposed to do? Tabatha knows about us, and she found out by just looking at us, and if she knows, it's only a matter of time before everyone knows, and then we'll both loose our seats" It was getting harder and harder to fight the tears in her eyes. 

"So you care about your job more than this relationship?" he instantly regretted saying those words, but he couldn't take them back now. And now Y/n lost the fight with her tears. "That's not fair... F1 have been my biggest dream since I can remember, and I'm not gonna let it all go over a relationship that was already destined to fail!" she snapped back, and Charles' eyes became watery too. "We were destined to fail?" his voice changed from angry to broken. "Look at us! We're hiding it from everyone, and now that people are starting to find out... hell breaks loose. I love you, but if you're gonna make me choose between you and F1, then I'm gonna choose F1"

"Then I guess this is it..." he sighed and wiped a tear that was running down his cheek away. Y/n wanted nothing more than to stop all this madness and throw herself into his arms and embrace him with kisses and cuddles and tell him how much she loves him. Because she did. She loved him. She truly loved him. But she also knew that F1 was a dream. And dream that she too loved so much. And she had finally been giving a change to achieve her dream, and maybe one day become a world champion. And though she wanted to be with Charles, she wanted F1 more. And no matter how hard she tried, deep down she knew that she would regret it for the rest of her life, if she didn't go for it in F1. And that, she would never be able to live with. 

"Yeah... I guess it is" 

A/N Sorry for the drama hehe. I had to spice it up a bit. But the story isn't over yet, and I still have plans so don't worry <3