100K SPECIAL

Dear readers...

This book has just hit 100k reads and I am absolutely over the moon. I am so freaking happy and grateful that you guys have read my book and voted or commented or whatever you've felt like. It took me so long to write this book and I can't express enough about how grateful I am that you guys have read it. 

So as a special thank you, I've decided to write this 100k special chapter that takes place in 2023, so 3 years after the 2020 season and 4 years before Charles and Y/n get's married and have a child. So, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it. And once again thank you for the support <33

________________________

2023

"Are you ready for this?" Peters voice sounded behind Y/n who stood in her drivers room braiding her hair. She turned around, giving her trainer and friend a warm smile. "I don't think that I've ever been more ready for anything in my entire life" Y/n smiled, finishing up her hair. "I like the sound of that, Y/n. Warm p starts in 5" Peter then announced before leaving the room. 

Even though she said that she was ready, Y/n was also more nervous than ever. It was currently December 11th, 2023 at 3 in the afternoon on a Sunday. In 1 hour exactly, Y/n would sit in her car again rolling onto the track of Abu Dhabi for the last race of the season. 

But this race was much more than that. This was not just the last race, but it was also the most important race in Y/n's career. She would start from P2 with her rival in front, who was chashing his third World Title... 

This was the current WDC standings: Max Verstappen, 346 points. Y/n Y/l/n, 341 points. Y/n had the change to become a World Champion. The first female Formula One champion of the world.... no pressure, right?

Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Ferrari was also fighting for the WCC, Ferrari currently leading by 12 points. But this could all change tonight. Charles would be starting P4 with Sergio Perez in P3 meaning that Ferrari and Red Bull were in the top 4. 

"Love?" Y/n hadn't realized that she was zoning out. Not before she was starring at Charles, who stood, leaning against her door frame giving her a smirk. "Sorry, I zoned out for a moment" she chuckled before Charles walked into the room, closing the door. 

Y/n wrapped her arms around his neck before he pressed a warm and sweet kiss to her lips. "You' alright?" he asked, looking into her eyes. "Now that my handsome boyfriend is here, barging into my room as usual, I am" Y/n smiled, running her fingers through his soft hair. 

"Well you know, I just couldn't resist myself. Barging into your driver room has become a tradition and look how well things are going? What if I broke that tradition? Now that would be bad, wouldn't it?" Charles giggled, leaving a quick kiss on her neck, making her giggle in return. 

"Yeah we can't mess with fate now, you're right about that" she smiled again, "But, as much as I'd love to stay like this, I think that we both have to warm up now, yeah?" she let out and Charles gave her a nod. "Yeah, we do. Let's go" he said pressing another quick kiss on her lips before grabbing her hand as they walked towards the garage together. 

Soon they went to their separate trainers to begin their warm ups. Y/n felt the excitement and tension grow within her but also the entire garage. Everyone was at their best focus. It was oddly silent. Everyone was concentrating on their job, getting the strategy right, making sure that the car was alright, making sure that Y/n and Charles was alright. Everything had to be perfect. 

"Okay, I think that was it. You're good to go" Peter said as Y/n finished the last warm up drills. She stood up, now getting ready to put her helmet, balaclava etc. on, when she let out a big deep breath. "Hey, look at me" Peter interrupted her thoughts and she turned around looking at him again.