Part 35

"Where are we even going, babe? You know we can't be seen together like this, right?" the pair was currently sitting in Charles' car as they were driving through the beautiful streets of Monaco by night. Y/n was becoming more and more curious, but nervous too. They both knew that they couldn't be seen together as a couple, and going out didn't seem like a good idea to Y/n. But she had to admit that she was kinda excited about it. 

"Don't worry, love" he simply said and shot her a calming look as he gently stroke her thigh, where his hand had been placed the whole car ride. Some minutes later Charles drove into a dark street. It almost look abandoned. Y/n looked confused outside the window, but never the less took Charles' hand as he opened the door for her and pulled her out. He chuckled watching the confused look that she had on her face. Y/n looked around. There were no people, and it was dark. "Are you gonna kill me or something? God, I always knew the day would come"

He laughed even more at her comment. "You've thought about the day where I'd be 'killing you'?" he said still laughing which earned a little punch from her. "Uh duh! We used to kinda hate each other, remember? I always thought we would end up killing each other because of our rivalry" she said in a duh tone. "Really? You hated me that much?" he'd stop laughing and was more serious now. "Well... no, but I mean, we always mocked and teased each other to the point where I was sure that you hated me, so I guess I kinda just went along" he shook his head and laughed again. "Alright, just trust me on this one, okay?" she hesitated for a moment before smiling and they walked hand in hand through the dark street. 

Suddenly the street wasn't dark anymore as they had turned around a corner and found themselves in a little backyard of some kind. Very small, but cute and lit up with fairy lights. Y/n couldn't believe her eyes. "Charles... what- what?" was all she could say as she smiled. Charles smiled too and squeezed her hand a bit causing her to turn around and meet his eyes that sparkled up in the fairy lights. "Since we can't really go out in public on dates and stuff, I did something else. We have this entire backyard to ourselves, and one of my good mates has cooked a meal for us"

She was absolutely speechless. This was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done to her, and she was almost crying. "I- I don't know what to say" because she didn't. She truly had no clue how to act. Did he really go through so much trouble just for her? This was incredible. Charles chuckled and stroke her cheek gently. "Y/n, I love you. And it breaks my heart that I can't just take you out on a date. So, I made our own. No one will see us here, and we can enjoy a great night together." 

"Charles... this is perfect. I love you so much" she said fighting to hold her tears in. They embraced each other in a hug and shared a quick, but passionate kiss before taking a seat under the fairy lights in the backyard. They got their food, which Charles' friend had made, and it tasted amazing. They both had a glass of wine, and to be honest, Y/n was still processing this magical date that she was currently on. It felt like a fairytale. Like she was an actual princess, and Charles was her knight in shining armor. 

They spend ours enjoying their food and wine while having the best conversations and laughs together, and she felt on top of the world. Charles too felt the happiest he had ever been right in this moment. A lot had happened to Charles over the years. From childhood when he and Y/n were still rivals, to make it into F3 and F2, to loose his dad and godfather, to all the crazy things happening in F1, all the crashes, all the victories, to get Y/n as his new teammate and now, to be sitting with his teammate, who had become so much more than that. She was the love of his life, and he was sure of it. She was the one. No doubt. And for them to share such a magical night together was the best thing ever. 

Y/n smiled even bigger, when Charles connected his phone to a little speaker, and a soft song came on. He got up and gave her a smirk before saying "May I have this dance?" she didn't hesitate to accept, and she got up. Charles had his arms around her waist while Y/n placed her hands on his chest and looked at him. They had danced like this before, last time they were in Monaco actually, but this time felt different. This time was much more magical, and Y/n couldn't believe how lucky she was.

They just slowly swayed to the music not even speaking, just looking at each other with smiles on their lips. They really get lost in each others eyes. Then she couldn't resist any longer, and Y/n put her arms around his neck and leaned in. His soft lips against hers, and the fireworks and butterflies returned. Finally they pulled apart and she smiled before resting her head on his shoulder still swaying to the calming music. Charles closed his eyes resting his head on hers taking in her familiar sent of that great perfume, she was using. He placed a kiss on her head as they continued to dance. 

After what felt like forever, but a very good forever, they stopped dancing. It was getting pretty late, and though this night had been the best night ever for both of them, they were both really tired. The whole ride back home Y/n was unable to fight the smile and blushing on her face. 

As they finally reached Charles' home, they both got dressed back into their hoodies and sweats and tossed themselves onto Charles' double bed. Y/n turned around so they were facing each other, she smiled and looked at him. "Thank you. Tonight really was perfect" he smiled and played with her hair. "You're perfect" he said making her heart skip a beat. "I love you" she said. Three words that used to sound so weird, but when she was with Charles, it was natural. Completely and utterly natural. "I love you too" 

A/N This chapter was so fun to write. I really wanted them to have this date, and I hope you liked it <3