Part 64

It was hard to fall asleep for Y/n. She kept reliving that horrible moment in the park, and her arm was sore the next day. At least she wasn't full of blood anymore. She had hurried through the hotel last night to avoid anyone seeing her bloody clothes. And when she got back, she took them off and threw them into a plastic bag and into her traveling bag.

She was now in a fresh set of clothes with a team shirt that covered her whole arm. She did not want people worrying about her or start a bunch of rumors. She just wanted to get in the car and get the weekend over with so she could get back to Charles. 

When arriving at the track and just the whole day, she did everything in her power to hide her arm. It was tricky, but she kept mostly to herself and avoided going too much out in the paddock. When her warm up drills arrived it was a lot harder. 

Peter was pushing her, and her arm was still pretty sore, but she pushed herself through the pain and finally the warm up drills were over with. "Good job, I think you're ready" Peter said and left her driver's room so she could get ready. 

She zipped up her racing suit and felt how it was a bit tighter around her arm than usual. She gently tapped it and felt that it was still very sore. She decided to ignore it and grabbed her helmet and gloves and balaclava and went down to the garage. 

"Are you ready?" Tabatha came over to Y/n who had just put on her helmet and was preparing to enter the car. "Yeah" she replied. As far as Tabatha knew, Y/n and Charles had broken up since she had told Y/n that that was the best thing to do in order to not get into trouble or get fired. Y/n felt kinda guilty since she was lying towards her and pretty much everyone else, and Tabatha had been a good friend to Y/n. 

But there was no time to feel guilty now because she was now sat in her car. It was slightly more tricky to drive with a sore arm, but it wasn't really that bad to be honest. She drove onto the track and began her lap. 

"All data is looking fine, let's push for this lap" Riccardo spoke and Y/n did so. Taking the shortest line possible and trying to nail all the corners. It was hard, but considering she had just driven this track last weekend, it was a lot better than last weekends FP1. 

--

Given her sore arm, P6 and P8 was probably the best she could get, and she was happy to be back at the hotel. She had taken a taxi back this time to avoid the park. She still got flashbacks of it and at times she wanted to just cry, but she held it in. She didn't wanna cry. 

Finally she was just laying on her hotel bed in an oversized t-shirt and a pair of sweat shorts. She was just scrolling on social media and watching a bit of Netflix at the same time. Suddenly someone knocked on her hotel door making her heart jump. 

She got up from the bed and opened the door to be met with Lando who gave her a warm smile before his eyes trailed of to her arm. "Hey Y/n I was wondering if- wait what's that?" he asked pointing at her arm. SHIT! She forgot to put a long sleeve shirt over it. 

"Oh that... that's nothing, I just walked into a door the other day" she said with a nervous laughter, but Lando didn't look very impressed. He stepped into her room and closed the door behind them before looking at her with crossed arms. 

"Y/n we're best friends, and you are a horrible liar. What is that?" he asked demanding an answer from her. And just in that moment Y/n felt weaker than anything. She hadn't talked to anyone about it, and now it was eating her up. And it showed because she broke down crying and Lando instantly wrapped his arms around her. 

"Wow hey Y/n it's okay, I'm so sorry, calm down" he whispered rubbing her back as she continued to cry into his shoulder. "Come here" he said softly and picked her up and walked over to the couch where he was her down again. 

He wiped the tears away from her face and grabbed her hands. "You don't have to tell me, but if you want to talk, you know I'm always here" he said rubbing small circles on the palms of her hands calming her down. 

Finally she stopped crying and she looked at the ground not sure how to even start the conversation. "Did Charles do something or...?" Lando begun. She looked up and shook her head, "No it's not Charles..." she replied. "Okay just take a deep breath" Lando said and continued to calm her down. 

"I- I was... mugged" she finally spoke making Lando's eyes go wide. "You were what?!" he exclaimed, "When?" he asked with concern. "Last night." she whispered finally building up the courage to speak to Lando. "I wanted to walk back from the track, so I walked through this little park and- and this guy he- he came up to me and he had a knife and-" she stopped taking a deep breath. "And I gave him what money and jewelry I had, but then he took his knife and..." she finished pointing at her arm. 

"Oh my God... Y/n... Are you okay? Did you report him to the police?" Lando asked and she nodded. "Yes I called the police, when I came back to the hotel" she replied. "Jesus Christ" Lando sighed frustrated while running his fingers through his curls. "Please don't tell anyone... especially not Charles" she begged causing Lando to look at her. 

"I'm not gonna tell anyone, but I really think you should" he stated. "I can't. I don't wanna make a big deal out of it, and I can still race! And I really don't want Charles to worry about me or make him feel guilty or anything" she explained. 

"Why would he feel guilty? He's not here" Lando asked confused. "Exactly. He told me to be careful and have a good time since he couldn't be here to 'protect me'. And now this shit happened. If I tell him about it, he's gonna feel so guilty... I know him" she replied and Lando sighed again. "I get that, but you know how much he loves you, and if I were him, I would like to know if something bad had happened to my girlfriend" Lando explained looking at her. 

"Maybe I'll tell him at some point, but please don't tell anyone. I'm fine, I promise" she said and Lando finally gave in. "Alright fine, it's your decision" he  finally said and Y/n thanked him.