Part 61

It was qualifying time, and Y/n was once again sat behind her steering wheel and had just driven out on the track. She was put out a bit later than most other cars to avoid using her tires too much in the first round. 

She easily made it through to Q2, and this time she was put out earlier than most other cars to avoid the traffic. She began her lap, and though she had a few mistakes here and there, she put in a good lap time and was now P2. 

Of course that time didn't last when the likes of Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen came out on the track and she moved down to P7 in no time. She decided to do one last lap putting her in P6 before calling it quit and hope that she made it to Q3. 

Luckily she did, but only just, and now it was time to really put in some effort to score a good position for tomorrows race. Only the 10 quickest cars were on track now, and to be amongst those was a big pressure. 

Since Y/n's race win in Italy, the team spirit had really lifted itself, and Y/n would hate to be the one ruining it. She pushed everything aside including her new teammate for the rest of the years (Robert) position and just focused on her own race as she began her fastest lap. 

Not much time was left, and it was the last change to put in your final lap. Most other cars had already driven back to their garages feeling like they couldn't go much faster, and it was only Y/n left on the track along with maybe two other cars. 

Finally she crossed the line and waited for Riccardo's voice to tell her the result. "And that is... P3 Y/n, great drive. That was exactly what the team needed" he cheered and Y/n couldn't help but feel proud of herself after making such a good result. 

--

You continue to amaze me, love. P3!

I really don't know, how I managed to get that result

I do, it's because you're an amazing driver and an even more amazing girlfriend

You are so cheesy

You know, you love me

Yeah, I do
Anyway, how was your day?

Kinda boring until qualifying, but the doctors did tell me that I could probably go back home to my apartment on Monday when you come back as well

Really? Oh that's amazing!

It really is, I'm looking forward to be able to sleep in my own bed and have you by my side without any stupid doctors interrupting us

Oh babe I can't wait to be with you again, I miss you so much 

I miss you too, love. But remember to have fun tomorrow, right?

I know, I will. I'm going out with the guys after the race, I think. 

That's sounds fun, but please be safe, okay? Now I'm not there to protect you, and I do trust the guys, but just be careful. 

I always am

I know
Well, I should probably hang up, they're taking me to some tests in a few minutes

Okay, good luck and I love you

I love you too

-- 

"And for the second time in a row, Y/n Y/l/n is back on the podium only outdriven by the Red Bull ca of Max Verstappen. And we see a wave of red out there on the track cheering as their female Ferrari driver has delivered yet another impressive result. What a race!" 

"YES YES YES guys! Another fucking podium! YES" she shouted with a heart and mind full of happiness. It may not have been the most eventful race, but P2 is still P2 and that is still a podium which means a good result for the team. 

"Fantastic drive today, Y/n. And some important points" Riccardo said cheering along with everyone else in the garage and the audience watching as the victorious cars pulled up to their separate spots.

--

"Cheers to a good weekend and to Charles" Pierre shouted and all five of them put their glasses together and toasted together. Then they all took a zip out of their wine and began eating the delicious food that they had ordered a few moments ago. 

Lando got P6, Alex P5, George P13 and Pierre P8 and then of course Y/n P2, and they were all satisfied with their results, but mostly this dinner was to celebrate that Charles was okay. And Y/n was really happy to go out with her friends like this. She had really missed it. 

They had found this cute little restaurant downtown and got a table for 5 people. Y/n felt very relieved to just go out with her closest friends like this. She didn't really fancy going to a night club or anything right now. She just wanted to enjoy a peaceful and fun night and some good food. 

They spend the whole evening just chatting and laughing and eating and drinking, and they all had so much fun. They were all also completely knackered, when they returned to their hotel rooms. And Y/n had to pack her bags before going to sleep since she was catching a flight early the next day. She went straight to her bed after packing. 

liked by charles_leclerc, landonorris, maxverstappen1 and 9

liked by charles_leclerc, landonorris, maxverstappen1 and 9.258.847 others

@y/n.official Yes we found some swings. Yes we played on them like a bunch of kids for about 40 minutes. And yes, the guys a literal kids... 😑😂

georgerussell63 Oi, who are you calling a kid? We're all in our 20's ;-)
--> y/n.official Not mentally 😅
--> user1 RIP George hahahaha

alexalbon I was honestly the most mature one 🖐
--> y/n.official Right, and I'm a guy 😎
--> user2 lmaooooo

landonorris They were fun, okay? 😶
--> y/n.official I mean... I can't disagree with you on that one tihi

charles_leclerc 😂😂😂
^liked my y/n.official^
--> user3 I still ship them
--> user4 me too

pierregasly ahahaha