Part 23

Y/n's nerves were sky high that Sunday afternoon, when she was preparing for the second Grand Prix in Silverstone. Charles had qualified P1 yesterday with her in P6, but this meant Charles had a chance of winning. Speaking of Charles... Y/n had become clear with her feelings towards Charles, not that she was gonna tell him since all the time that week when she saw Charles, he was busy with Charlotte (and also the part about them not even being allowed to date). But at least Y/n had finally accepted her feelings. Also not that it was hurting any less, but that's besides the point. 

The whole week she had wanted to talk to Charles about their argument last week, but she never had the time. She didn't even have time to hang out with Lando, George or Alex, but they had texted a bit, so at least that was something. But now it was once again time to focus on racing. The Ferrari team was becoming quite popular again seeing as they were third in the constructor standings, and overall they were getting good results. The season was far from over, but things were looking good for Y/n's racing career at the moment. 

"Alright let's get started" Mr. Binotto said to her and Charles. She gave him a quick look, and they made eye contact for a few seconds before getting into their cars. The tension was high on the team today, as they really wanted that win.

"And it's lights out and away we go for the second time in Great Britain. And we see Charles Leclerc off to a great start followed by Sergio Perez and Lewis Hamilton. Could this be a victory day for Ferrari? Well we see the other Ferrari driver also off to a decent start maintaining her position behind Norris and in front of Gasly. And into turn 1, oh it's a close one, but Leclerc managed to keep Perez and Hamilton away, still holding on to the lead"

"Box box, Y/n" she drove into the pitlane and quickly changed her tires coming back out as P10. It was time to fight. Luckily George drove into the pitlane not long after leaving her in P9. And she began attacking Estaban Ocon. "Where is Charles?" she asked as they still had 30 laps to go, and she was currently P8. "He is still P1, but don't think about him right now. Focus on closing the gab to Stroll and catch him with DRS if possible"

"And here we see the tifosi fans absolutely blowing up as Charles Leclerc becomes the winner of the Silverstone Grand Prix round two. And it becomes a double podium for Red Bull as well with Albon and Verstappen finishing 2 and 3. And once again Ferrari get's double points, when Y/n crosses the line in P8. What a brilliant race everybody"

She may not have been 100 percent happy with he own results, but Charles winning the Grand Prix was amazing. "Well done to Charles, and thank you for a good race everybody" she said over the radio before heading to park her car. This time she only received a clap on her shoulder from Charles while she quickly whispered congratulations. It hurt, but she brushed it off as she watched him standing on that podium with the trophy lifted over his head while everyone was cheering. 

___________________

 Y/n snapped her head up from her phone, when someone knocked on her hotel door that evening. She had a confused look on her face, which instantly dropped when she opened the door and saw Charles standing outside. "Can we talk?" he asked and she nodded letting him in. They sat down on the bed, and she looked at the ground. 

"I'm sorry" he began causing her to look into his eyes. "I shouldn't have acted like that last week I just-" he sighed "I just got really frustrated, but I realized after that I was being a jerk, and I'm sorry. You deserved that podium" she was honestly speechless, he was apologizing. "Well I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I didn't mean it. I know you weren't exactly my first choice as a teammate, but I don't wanna anyone else anymore." they both sat there smiling for a few seconds when he got a phone call. 

"Sorry I gotta go, I have a date with Charlotte, but uh I'm glad we talked. We're good, right?" she swallowed her jealousy and nodded, "We're good" and he gave her another smile before leaving. She sighed and fell back down on the bed. Life really was unfair, huh?

 Life really was unfair, huh?

liked by y/n.official, pierregasly and 1.935.249 others 

@charles_leclerc This feeling is amazing! Thank you for an incredible weekend. Here's to many more 🙌🙌

y/n.official I hate to admit it, but well done today!
--> charles_leclerc I knew you had a soft side
--> y/n.official alright don't make me regret saying this
--> username this team is amazing
--> username I'm honestly bumbed that Charles has a girlfriend now... I still kinda ship

pierregasly Let's go, mate
--> charles_leclerc cheers 

landonorris 🙌🙌🙌🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛
--> charles_lelcerc too much milk, mate
--> y/n.official there is no such thing as 'too much milk' dummy
--> landonorris hahaha thank you Y/n
--> charles_leclerc oh God
--> username ahahahaha

charlottesiine Congrats baby <3
--> charles_leclerc <3 

She sighed closing her phone. Y/n knew she had to move on, and if Charles was happy, then so was she... kinda. 

A/N Sorry for a short chapter